Welcome to my new blog! Please visit the ” A Little Bit About Me” page to learn a little bit about who I am and my plans for this site. I hope to share my favorite recipes, daily eats, and fitness and nutrition advice with all my fellow health-nuts out there! And with those of you who want to try to make some positive lifestyle changes. 🙂
I don’t know about y’all, but I am hungry ALL. THE. TIME. And I love to workout. I usually workout ~6 days a week, but that doesn’t mean I eat whatever I want, because “you cannot outrun a bad diet“. That is why it’s SO important to fuel your body with foods that it can utilize as energy to do all the amazing things you want it to do! Trust me – when you feed your body the right things, it will thank you!
For my first official post, I will start off by sharing my famous [healthy] banana bread. I make this pretty much bi-weekly at home due to high demand from my family, and the fact that I simply cannot let ripe bananas go unused. I have included the original version of this recipe, as well as the healthy substitutions that I like to use [in the parentheses]. It is delicious either way – my family even says they prefer the healthy subs because it is moister! Of course, feel free to try either one, or a combination of the two depending on which ingredients you have available.
- 1 cup sugar [OR ½ cup Splenda Sugar Blend]
- 1/3 cup softened butter or margarine [OR 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce]
- 2 whole eggs [OR ½ cup Egg Beaters]
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 & 2/3 cup all-purpose flour [OR 1 cup AP flour + 2/3 cup whole wheat flour]
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (optional, but obviously preferred 🙂 )
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix sugar and margarine in medium-sized bowl. Stir in eggs until blended.
- In a small bowl, mash up ripe bananas. Add water and stir until combined. Add to sugar-margarine-egg mixture.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until moistened. Add nuts and chocolate chips if desired.
- Spray loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter into pan. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean (about 55-60 minutes).
- ENJOY! 🙂
If you are a banana bread fan, I hope you try out this recipe and love it as much as we do! Please give me feedback on any recipes of mine that you try – I would love to hear both successes and suggestions for improvement. I’m so excited to experiment with new recipes and pass them along to you in future posts!
Stay tuned for more recipes, tips on daily meals & snacking, fitness, nutrition and more!
eat well. live well. be happy.
#wellnessforthewin #health #fitness #nutrition #food #healthyliving #bananabread