Did anyone guess that this would be my last Super Bowl LI recipe involving the word “chili”? Yep, this Crockpot White Chicken Chili is by far my most popular recipe ever! And for good reason… it is the freaking bomb, if I do say so myself. We make this recipe all the time and it never disappoints!
Other great things about this recipe: it makes 6-8 servings, so you can feed a good amount of people, it’s super easy to make, and you can let the crockpot do the work all day while you get ready for the big game!
I highly recommend whipping this up for your Super Bowl party this year! And then once a week after that. : ) (A great meatless alternative — this Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili! Also delish.)
Crockpot White Chicken Chili
Serves 6-8 people
Prep time: 20-25 minutes
Cook time: 6-8 hours on low, or 4 hours on high
- 2-3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (~1.5 lb)
- 2 -15.5 oz cans of reduced-sodium Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 -15 oz can sweet golden corn or 15 oz frozen corn
- 1 -4.5 oz can chopped green chiles
- 2 -14.5 oz cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Black pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: plain Greek yogurt, chunky salsa, and reduced-fat shredded cheese, Beanitos chips
1) Add chicken breasts, Great Northern beans, corn, green chiles, chopped onion, minced garlic, and spices to the crockpot. Add 2 cans of chicken broth and squeeze the juice of one lime over the top of the mixture, then stir to combine ingredients.
2) Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
3) Before removing from crockpot, stir ingredients thoroughly. Use two forks to shred the chicken, and then let cook for another 30 minutes or so.
Serve chicken chili with desired toppings. I love mine with crushed Beanitos chips, plain Greek yogurt, low-fat shredded cheese, and hot salsa!
Thank you so much for coming to Wellness For The Win for your Super Bowl snack inspiration this year! Don’t forget to check out @TailgateTourist and @WellnessForTheWin on Instagram and Facebook for videos of these recipes! Stay tuned for more healthy #tailgating meal & snack ideas for all of the upcoming seasons in 2017!
We hope you enjoy them!
Shanna Stewart, RD, LD