Who doesn’t love a recipe that is simple, healthy and delicious all at the same time? I’m gonna go with… no one. These sweet potato fries could not be easier to make, and the best news is that they taste equally amazing the next day, and the next day! This makes them perfect for healthy work lunches or lazy weeknight dinners. Now you have no excuse to hit up the nearest drive-through during your lunch break or on the way home from work! Sorry ’bout it.
Ethan and I love sweet potatoes in many forms, but these fries might have been our favorite version to date. We served them alongside some frozen turkey burgers that I found at Aldi that only have 3 ingredients! Turkey, rosemary extract and salt. That’s hard to beat for a store-bought product! We served them on 100% whole wheat sandwich thins (only 100 calories each) with pepperjack cheese, spring mix, and just a little ketchup. We also planned to throw some delicious, grilled red onions on the bun as well, but totally forgot to add them. Oops! #fail Lastly, I roasted some Brussels sprouts right alongside the sweet potatoes in the oven for the same amount of time and at the same temperature, but seasoned them with garlic powder and black pepper to taste. Simple and delish!
Ethan and I are hosting a little shindig with our families this weekend as a pre-wedding celebration and an excuse to show off some of our newest home updates, including our completed bedroom furniture set, beautiful bar cart and most of all, our newly renovated guest bathroom thanks to Ethan and my soon to be FIL! (I will post pics of the bathroom on my Instagram stories soon because they did SUCH an incredible job and totally deserve all the heart eyes from all of you.)
Anywho, we are grilling out for the family, and of course I am whipping up some of these roasted sweet potatoes to go along with the burgers! I can’t wait to see everyone gobble them up, even though they are healthy. 😉 I hope you all love these as much as we do!
3-Ingredient Sweet Potato Fries
- Makes 3-4 servings
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- 2-3 medium-large sweet potatoes
- 1.5-2 tbsp olive oil
- Cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Wash sweet potatoes and pat dry. Chop into fries of desired thickness. As you can see below, I did a variety of sizes.
3. Transfer chopped fries to a large bowl and toss with 1.5-2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil (more as needed since potato sizes vary), then season with ground cinnamon and toss until thoroughly and evenly coated. I like to use a lot of cinnamon. : )
4. Arrange fries into one even layer on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, then place in pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes.
5. Remove pan around the 15-minute mark to toss the fries so they brown evenly, then place them back in the oven until the time is up. (I would recommend checking yours around 30 minutes, as all ovens cook differently and they could get done quicker.)
At-home date night for the win. 🙂 I don’t know about you guys, but we are soaking up every last second of grilling season, and the weather in KC has been PERFECT!
I hope you all have a great weekend!
Shanna Stewart, RD LD
PS: Wedding Countdown = 9 days!!!! 🙂
#WellnessForTheWin #SweetPotatoFries #EasySideDishes