Happy Friday everyone!
I am beyond excited to be partnering up with my friends over at ALDI to share a special, fall-inspired recipe with you all today!
It’s no secret that I am a huge fan of ALDI. I do the majority of my grocery shopping there and share my hauls on IG almost weekly. I just love the fact that I can find tons of fresh produce, dry & frozen foods to create nutritious meals for my husband and I to eat all week long, and it is incredibly affordable. You simply cannot beat the prices at ALDI, and the best part? You don’t have to sacrifice quality. They are all about offering customers high-quality products that taste amazing, but don’t break the bank. They also encourage shoppers to bring reusable grocery bags, so they clearly care about the environment, which is another reason I love them so much!
As I mentioned, I shop at ALDI all year-round, but if you’ve never been before, now is the perfect time to make your first trip. Fall is finally upon us, which means it’s time for all of the amazing fall flavors! ALDI is stocking their shelves with tons of seasonal items to take your favorite fall dishes to the next level. Pumpkin, cinnamon, maple, butterscotch, apples, squash — I’ll take a little bit of everything, please and thank you! 😉
I don’t know about you, but I am so excited to make some heartier, fall dishes and get creative in the kitchen over the next few months. Summer produce was fun & delicious while it lasted, but I’m definitely ready for some crockpot meals, soups, comfort dishes — oh, and pumpkin-flavored everything, like the recipe I’m about to share with you!
When I saw some of the items that ALDI had for fall, I knew I had to create something that would include several of their delicious, pumpkin-flavored goodies! This snack mix is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth, with a little hint of salty, too. Something to please everyone. Great news: it’s very much husband-approved! Ethan was more than happy to be a taste tester for this one. I’m pretty confident it would’ve been puppy-approved too if I would’ve given Harley a bite like he wanted. Don’t worry; he got a few pieces of popcorn at least. 😉
Fall basically marks the beginning of the holiday season, which means there are a lot of parties to be had in the near future. I always gravitate towards dips and snack mixes like this at social gatherings. If you can’t find me, just look to the snack table. (But seriously.) This party mix is bursting with flavors that will give you all the fall feels, and will most likely keep you hovering over the snack table, too. Sorry I’m not sorry.
The best part is that it includes healthy and high-quality ingredients. You’re getting some whole grains from the old-fashioned oats, cereal and popcorn, heart-healthy fats from a variety of nuts and seeds, natural sweeteners like maple syrup and vanilla, and items that are simply good for the soul, like chocolate & butterscotch chips!
I included several items from the ALDI-exclusive brand, SimplyNature, which features simple foods free of artificial colors, flavors and unnecessary enhancers. Their products range from pantry staples, such as cereal, honey, maple syrup and pasta sauce, to fresh items like bread, milk, kale, salad mixes and yogurt. And the line is growing – more organic items are being added every month. That’s another thing I love about ALDI. They are constantly bringing in new products to keep things fresh and exciting! But they don’t stay forever, so you have to jump on them quickly!
Okay, I know you’re dying for the recipe now, so let’s get on with it. : )
ALDI Pumpkin Spice Granola/Party Mix
A simple, fall-inspired recipe that you can serve as granola with milk or throw on top of your favorite smoothie, or spice it up for a special occasion by adding popcorn and other tasty toppings!
Credit: Wellness For The Win
Disclosure: this post is sponsored by ALDI; I was compensated monetarily in exchange for social promotion of ALDI fall products and recipe development.
Prep/Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups Millville Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 cups Millville Pumpkin Crispy-O’s
- 1 cup Southern Grove Pumpkin Spice Almonds
- 1/2 cup Southern Grove Pepitas
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 1 Tbsp Simply Nature Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup Simply Nature Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Simply Nature Organic Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 bag Simply Nature Organic Popcorn
- Optional Mix-Ins: 1/4 cup Baker’s Corner dark chocolate chips + 1/4 cup Baker’s Corner butterscotch chips, 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine the old-fashioned oats, Pumpkin Crispy-O’s, pumpkin spiced almonds, pepitas, chia seeds and spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, allspice). Stir to blend.
- Combine the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a small bowl, then pour into the large bowl. Mix well, until all ingredients are lightly coated. Transfer the granola onto your prepared baking sheet and use a large spoon or spatula to spread it into a flat, even layer.
- Bake until golden, about 18-22 minutes, stirring halfway (around 9 minutes).
- Let the granola cool completely, then add optional mix-ins such as dried cranberries and/or butterscotch and chocolate chips. (Wait until it cools so the chips don’t melt.)
- To make it a “party mix”: pour the granola back into a large, clean bowl and add popcorn. (Equal parts granola to popcorn, or as much as desired). Stir so that all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Store the granola/party mix in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks.
Click this link to check their store locator and find an ALDI near you so you can check out all of their new fall products, and try this delicious recipe for yourself! It’s so easy to make, and it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser, whether you are hosting friends, or having a relaxing movie night at home with the fam!
As always, please tag me (@wellnessforthewin) and ALDI (@aldiusa) in your beautiful creations if you try this recipe! I can’t wait to hear what you think! 🙂
#WellnessForTheWin #ALDIlove #sponsored