Side Dishes & Dips
Side Dishes & Dips Recipes:
The recipes in bold, black text below are links to the updated versions of these recipes. Please click on the names to see the full recipe!
- Simple Roasted Veggies
- Five-Ingredient Guacamole
- Parmesan Garlic Roasted Asparagus
- Skinny Spinach Dip
- Flamin’ Hot Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
- Sweet Potato Nachos
- Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad
- Sweet Potato Pecan Casserole
- 3-Ingredient Sweet Potato Fries
- Whipped Cauliflower
- Fresh Homemade Garden Salsa
- Mexican Greek Yogurt Corn Dip
- Southwestern Black Bean Dip
Fresh Homemade Garden Salsa
Homemade salsa is so much better than store bought – and so fresh! You can make this salsa as sweet or spicy as you want. If you are looking for a sweeter salsa, use mini sweet bell peppers. If you’re looking for a spicier salsa, use regular bell peppers, and add extra jalapeño peppers and chili powder.
- 4 cups cherry punch tomatoes (I usually just use one container)
- 12 small sweet bell peppers
- 1 medium white onion (I only use about ½ an onion because my family doesn’t like too much of it)
- 3 jalapeno peppers (optional – for spicier salsa)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 limes
- 2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 tsp of chili powder (optional – for spicier salsa)
- Wash all produce thoroughly and dry using a paper towel.
- Chop tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapenos and onions and add to bowl.
- Chop the long stems off the cilantro, and tear off the leaves. Chop up finely and add to vegetables.
- Cut limes into wedges and squeeze limejuice over the top of the vegetables.
- Add cumin, salt and pepper, and chili powder (if desired).
- Add to food processor and pulse until you reach the desired texture.
- Serve with multigrain chips or over tacos and enjoy!
I have a Ninja (best purchase ever), so I barely have to chop the vegetables up. If you have a powerful blender or food processor, save yourself some time and let the blender do the work for you!
And voila! Beautiful and delicious. 🙂
Mexican Greek Yogurt Corn Dip
I’ve made this Mexi-dip countless times and I’d be lying if I said it’s not one of the top 5 most addicting things I’ve ever eaten. You will not be able to walk away from this stuff. 🙂
- 1 can Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can Rotel, drained
- 8 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Drain Mexicorn and Rotel.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Chill in refrigerator for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Serve with bell pepper strips, carrots, or multigrain chips!
Best Ever Southwestern Black Bean Dip
I made this for a Fourth of July party, and I immediately fell in love and added it to my top 10 favorite recipes. Why? Because it’s fresh and healthy, but it’s also beautiful! So many colors! I love nothing more than food that is just as tasty as it looks. 🙂 You’ll be very popular at any social gathering if you bring this as your side dish.
- 15 oz can black beans (no sodium added), drained
- 15 oz can corn, drained
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped (I used about 1/3 red onion because I don’t like it to overpower the other ingredients)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, ribs and seeds removed then minced
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro (more or less depending on preference)
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup Zesty Light Italian salad dressing (I probably only used ~1/3 cup)
- Drain and rinse black beans and corn.
- Rinse and chop all remaining produce.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, then mix to combine.
4. Serve with whole grain tortilla chips.
Note: Recipe can be prepared 1 day ahead of time. Store covered in refrigerator.