A quick and easy recipe for fresh, homemade guacamole, so you no longer have to spend extra at Chipotle!
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 4 ripe avocados scooped from peel
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup canned diced tomatoes can also use a fresh Roma tomato, but canned is SO easy
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 Tbsp chopped cilantro optional
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper optional; add more if you like spicy
- Salt & fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Partially mash avocados with a fork in a large bowl, squeeze lime juice over the top and continue to mash to reach desired consistency.
Add chopped red onions to avocado mixture along with diced tomato, garlic, cilantro, cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
Serve fresh guacamole immediately with tortilla chips, veggies (like carrots or bell pepper strips) or on top of Mexican dishes, like my At-Home Chipotle Burrito Bowl
or Healthy Southwest Chicken Enchilada Bake.