3-Ingredient Oreo Balls Recipe
These super easy, super delicious, 3-Ingredient Oreo Balls are NOT healthy whatsoever, but trust me: they are worth it. You can thank me later. And look how pretty they are!!!
Yet again, I am sharing a recipe that my mom has made for years. You know the kind that she has written on a random, bright orange piece of scratch paper tucked away in a huge binder full of other recipes? That’s how you know it’s good… ; )
Isn’t it funny how different our generations are? She still prints out almost every recipe she makes. I can’t tell you the last time I printed out a recipe. I use my phone, laptop, or literally any other kind of electronic device to follow recipes. Although sometimes it would be nice to have a piece of paper because it doesn’t go dim every 30 seconds. ; )
Actually, in my new house I think I’ll utilize our new Echo Show 8 while I’m cooking! We bought it on Amazon Prime Day and it’s still in the box so I can’t wait to whip it out and finally use it. It’s actually $40 off right now if you’ve been interested in buying one!
what are you doing for valentine’s day?
Do you have romantic dinner plans with your significant other, or a fun girl’s night planned for Galentine’s Day instead? To be honest, Ethan and I have never really done anything super extravagant for Valentine’s Day. We usually don’t exchange gifts for any holidays – to save money – and right now, we are definitely saving for our new house!
Speaking of which, we are 16 DAYS AWAY from moving in, people. This is not a drill!!!! AHHHH. Pinch me.
However, we did make reservations at our fav Mexican restaurant, Coco Bolo’s, for Valentine’s Day. Mostly to get out of my parent’s house for the night. ; ) (JK, love you Mom & Dad). And just because Coco Bolo’s is the best. Who doesn’t love chips and salsa and margs?
Let me know your V-Day plans in the comments! I had someone on IG tell me she was going to make her husband breakfast for dinner with my latest Cream Cheese & Jelly Stuffed French Toast and I gotta say – I LIKE HER STYLE!!! Feel free to follow suit. Hehe.
Also, random side note, but I chopped my hair off a few days ago and I’m in LOVE! If you’ve been feeling an itch to do something new and different lately, like a new haircut or color (or something even crazier), I want to encourage you to just go for it. It feels SO good!
FYI: my hairdresser is Ame Leatherbury (find her on IG at @ameleatherburyhair) and she is SO talented, super affordable and one of the sweetest humans I know. If you’re in the market for a new hairdresser, I highly recommend her! She’s currently located in downtown Overland Park.
Anyway. Back to the reason you’re here.
3-ingredient oreo balls are super easy to make
I mean, you only need three ingredients. What could possibly go wrong?!
As you can see, I chose to use “golden” cream-filled cookies because I prefer that with the white chocolate drizzled on top, but it’s totally your call. If you’re a chocolate chocolate person and want to go with the OG Oreos (and even milk or dark chocolate for the hard coating), go for it!
- 36 Oreos / creme-filled cookies
- 1 block of cream cheese
- White chocolate melting wafers
- Optional toppings: sprinkles, crushed graham cracker, etc.
How to make:
- Add 8-10 Oreos to your food processor at a time (depending on the size of your food processor) and pulse until they are crushed completely, into a powder-like consistency. Repeat for all 36 cookies.
- Combine crushed Oreos with softened cream cheese and mix until cream cheese is incorporated.
3. Roll into balls, about 1″ in diameter.
4. Store in the freezer for 15-30 minutes.
5. Melt white chocolate and coat the Oreo balls evenly with it.
6. Add toppings of choice. Preferably fun, festive sprinkles to match the occasion! In this case, Valentine’s Day! *heart eyes*
equipment needed for oreo balls
A food processor is needed for this recipe. You could always attempt to use a blender, but I would definitely recommend using a food processor if possible!
The mini ones are super affordable and great to have around for all kinds of things. I have this one (pictured below) and absolutely love it! Comes in a bunch of cute colors too. : ) Only $39.99 and easy to store.
Otherwise, you don’t need anything fancy! Just a bowl, some spoons and your good ol’ bare hands!
3-Ingredient Oreo Balls
- Food Processor
- 36 Oreos golden or regular
- 8 oz cream cheese or 1 block, softened at room temperature
- 10 oz white chocolate melting wafers
- Optional toppings: sprinkles
- Add 8-10 Oreos to the food processor at a time (more or less depending on the size of your food processor). Crush/pulse until they are completely crushed, down to a powder-like consistency. Repeat until all 36 Oreos are crushed.
- Add crushed Oreos to a large bowl. Add softened cream cheese and use a spoon/spatula to incorporate completely.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop up even amounts of the cookie/cream cheese mixture and then use your hands to roll into balls, about 1" in diameter.
- Lay the balls evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. When you have rolled all of the balls, transfer the baking sheet to the freezer for about 15-30 minutes.
- After removing from the freezer, pour your melting wafers into a microwave-safe dish to melt them (according to package instructions).
- Use a large spoon to hold one Oreo ball up and another spoon to drizzle the melted white chocolate over it until completely, evenly coated.
- Place Oreo ball back on the baking sheet, and add sprinkles immediately (if using), because the white chocolate dries quickly. (If the white chocolate starts to harden during the process, stick it back in the microwave for another 20-30 seconds to melt again.)
- Repeat this until all Oreo balls are coated and decorated.
- Store in the freezer in an airtight container. They will stay good for months, but trust me – they won't last that long. ; ) Enjoy!
Please feel free to whip these 3-Ingredient Oreo Balls up for Valentine’s (or Galentine’s) Day and for every other holiday coming up in the near future.. ; ) You’ll be the most popular one at the party!
I can’t wait to see your variations of these! Please be sure to tag me at @wellnessforthewin or use #wellnessforthewin so I can see! Share the love by pinning this recipe on Pinterest for others to discover, too!
3-Ingredient Oreo Balls FOR THE WIN.
Thanks and Happy Valentine’s Day, my loves! I am thankful for all of you! <3
Can’t wait to make 😍😍
You will LOVEEEE! Can’t wait to see them. ; )
These were a hit at my kids school and at work! I made 2 batches so the process in all was a tad time consuming. But worth it! And it actually made so many I didn’t need to double. I made vanilla and chocolate but dipped all in white chocolate. I made a mess with the dipping! I couldn’t seem to get the white chocolate from being really thick.
Yay, so glad everyone loved them! Yes, the white chocolate definitely does make a mess, haha! Reheating it in the microwave a few times throughout the process can help thin it up again and make the process a little bit easier. Thank you!!! 🙂