My 5-Minute Protein Overnight Oats are probably one of the most popular recipes on my blog, among my followers AND myself! I make them several times a week for my work breakfast and just love them. I couldn’t resist making a fall version, so today I am sharing the recipe for my Pumpkin Protein Overnight Oats!
Are Pumpkin Protein Overnight Oats Healthy?
Yes! These overnight oats are packed with nutrition and they are perfectly balanced. You’re getting some complex carbohydrates, protein and healthy fats all in one! It’s the perfect way to start off the day, especially for a post-workout breakfast if you’re a morning gym-goer like me.
- Old-fashioned oats = whole grains & fiber
- Pumpkin = loaded with vitamin A and antioxidants
- Chia seeds = healthy fats, plant-based protein and fiber
- Almond butter & pecans = healthy fats and protein
- Collagen or protein powder = good source of protein + provides satiety
Overnight Oats are easy to customize
You’ll see in the recipe that a few of the ingredients are *optional*. Add some maple syrup if you want a sweeter result. Use collagen or vanilla protein powder for a protein boost.
You can also top the oats with your choice of nuts or some type of granola the next day. If you prefer pepitas, pecans or almonds, go ahead and add them in the morning for some extra crunch and healthy fats! You can even add some berries or banana slices if you’d like! Or dare I say…. dark chocolate chips. GO CRAZY, MY FRIENDS.
what to do with your leftover pumpkin puree
I am sorry that this recipe will leave you with an open can of pumpkin puree. BUT you’re in luck! There is so much you can do with this leftover pumpkin! Here are just a few ideas:
- Pumpkin Spice Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Healthy Carrot Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese “Frosting”
These Pumpkin Protein Overnight Oats are so quick and easy to throw together and perfect for meal prep. I think you’ll love them! Check out the recipe below.
Pumpkin Protein Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop collagen peptides or vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 Tbsp creamy almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup optional, for sweeter oats
- 1 Tbsp chopped pecans optional for topping
- Combine all ingredients, except pecans/nuts, in a mason jar. Add the lid and shake vigorously until mixed well and ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Let sit in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 6-8 hours. Add extra toppings the next day if desired, i.e. chopped pecans, banana slices, granola, etc.
I hope you love these Pumpkin Protein Overnight Oats and that they can become a meal prep staple for you throughout the fall months, too! I can’t wait to hear what you think. Please share the love by pinning them on Pinterest and leave a rating if you try them out and love them! I so appreciate your support. 🙂
Have a great day!