Listen to me when I say you NEED this Spiked Cranberry Apple Cider drink at alllll of your holiday festivities this year! It is the perfect combination of festive flavors & will definitely put you in the holiday spirit. It’s super easy to whip up and yes, it tastes just as good as it looks!
ingredients needed for spiked cranberry apple cider
You probably could’ve guessed most of the ingredients from the title, but you will need the following:
- 100% Apple Cider — I used the BEST local cider from Louisburg Cider Mill (no added sugars)
- Cranberry Juice — I actually used this “Antioxidant Power” juice from ALDI, which is a combination of cherry, cranberry, pomegranate, grape and other juices, but regular cranberry juice will do!
- Spiced Rum — we used Captain Morgan
- Fresh cranberries — to garnish
- Cinnamon sticks — to garnish (not 100% necessary, but they are pretty and festive!). You could also do a dash of cinnamon – I thought this tasted good, Ethan did not, lol.
what alcohol goes best in apple cider?
Typically it is recommended to use whiskey or rum in an apple cider cocktail. Whiskey will give it more of a spicy, warm taste, and rum will give it a sweeter taste. I’m going to be honest – I HATE whiskey LOL, which is why I went with rum. I personally don’t think it is overly sweet either. But if you love or prefer whiskey, give it a shot! Ethan has been mixing the apple cider with whiskey lately and he really likes it!
do you drink spiked cranberry apple cider hot or cold?
This recipe is meant to be served over ice, however, I am definitely curious about trying it hot. I’ve seen lots of other hot apple cider cocktails on the ‘gram & Pinterest and I’m intrigued, like this one from Joyful Healthy Eats! (Love her blog, by the way.) If you try my recipe hot, please let me know what you think!
other recipes to make this holiday season
Here are a few other recipes you should make for your holiday celebrations! Everything from drinks, to apps & snacks, side dishes, desserts and more!
- Classic Margarita on the Rocks (I don’t care that this might seem summery – there’s never a bad time for margs IMO)
- Homemade Cranberry Chia Jam
- Healthy Green Bean Casserole
- Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Healthy Baked Spinach Dip
- Pumpkin Butter Stuffed Dates
- Easy Apple Crisp with Oat Crumble Topping
- Death By Chocolate
- Easy Pumpkin Trifle Dessert
- Healthier Pumpkin Blondies
- 3-Ingredient Oreo Balls
- Easy Cinnamon Rolls
Spiked Cranberry Apple Cider
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 oz spiced rum Captain Morgan, or rum of choice
- 4 oz apple cider
- 2 oz cranberry juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks to garnish
- 10 fresh cranberries to garnish
- Pour rum, apple cider and cranberry juice over ice. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and fresh cranberries. Cheers!
I hope you and your loved ones enjoy this Spiked Cranberry Apple Cider this holiday season! Be sure to tag me in your “cheers” boomerangs on IG if you try it 🙂