Crockpot White Chicken Chili
This delicious Crockpot White Chicken Chili is by far my most popular recipe ever! And for good reason… it is the freaking bomb, if I do say so myself. Ethan and I make this recipe all the time and it never disappoints!
This recipe is also extremely easy to make, full of nutrition and makes awesome leftovers for effortless work lunches.
is chicken chili good for you?
Yes, it is super nutritious! This chili is a great source of animal AND plant-based protein, contains tons of veggies, as well as heart-healthy fats if you load up with avocado on top!
ingredients needed for crockpot white chicken chili
This recipe has pretty simple ingredients in it, and you likely already have a lot of them in your fridge/pantry!
- Chicken Breasts
- Great Northern Beans
- Whole Kernel Corn
- Chopped Green Chilies
- Chicken Broth
- Yellow Onion
toppings to add to your crockpot white chicken chili
Toppings are almost equally as important as the actual dish, if you ask me. Especially when it comes to Mexican food, because there are so many delicious possibilities!
Some of my favorites for this Crockpot White Chicken Chili are:
- Avocado Slices — providing good healthy fats!
- Hot, Chunky Salsa
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Shredded Cheese
- Tortilla Chips or Strips (or if you’re like my mom, Frito’s!)
Any important toppings that I missed?! Let me know!
other reasons to love this crockpot white chicken chili
- It makes 6-8 servings, so it’s perfect for feeding a crowd
- It’s super easy to make
- The Crockpot does most of the work
- The leftovers taste equally amazing, if you have any!
other tailgate-friendly or watch party recipe ideas
Want some more recipe ideas to whip up for football watch parties or other occasions? Check out these recipes below!
- Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos (these are meatless, but also delicious with Crockpot Chicken Taco Meat on top!)
- Healthy Baked Spinach Dip
- Easy Mexican Corn Dip
- Flamin’ Hot Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
- Slow Cooker Cheese Dip
- Smoked Mac & Cheese
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Tomato Mango Bruschetta
- Classic Margaritas On The Rocks
My Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili is a great, meatless alternative if you need a vegetarian option. Also very tasty!
Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- 1-1.5 lb chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 cans Great Northern beans reduced-sodium, rained and rinsed
- 1 can whole corn kernels or 15 oz frozen corn
- 1 4.5 oz can chopped green chiles
- 32 oz chicken broth reduced sodium
- 1 sweet yellow onion medium, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Black pepper to taste
Optional toppings: avocado slices, plain Greek yogurt, chunky salsa, shredded cheese, and/or tortilla chips
- Add chicken breasts, Great Northern beans, corn, green chiles, chopped onion, minced garlic, and spices to the crockpot. Add 32 oz of chicken broth and squeeze the juice of one lime over the top of the mixture, then stir to combine ingredients.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours. (Or once chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.)
- Before removing from crockpot, stir ingredients thoroughly. Use two forks to shred the chicken, and then let cook for another 30 minutes or so.
- Serve hot with desired toppings. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up 3-4 days.
I hope you love this Crockpot White Chicken Chili as much as we do! Share the love by pinning this recipe on Pinterest, or tag me on IG @wellnessforthewin in your stories if you give it a try!
We finally got the chance to try this today. It was a hit, even with my little girls! Thanks for the recipe.
Yay!!! So glad the whole family approved! 🙂 thanks for letting me know!
After seeing Crockpot White Chili on your Instagram feed last week I was inspired to try this recipe today.
I’m happy to report it was a hit! My 6 year old twins (who aren’t usually big fans of chicken) and husband said they preferred it over “red chili”.
I’ll try to send you a pic of it in their Minnie and Mickey bowls. ?
So easy and delicious.
Yay that makes me so happy!!! I’d love to see pictures of it. 🙂 Thank you for sharing!!
Make this constantly during the colder months! Such a yummy soup and so much healthier than the other options I’ve found on Pinterest! 😊😊
Yes! It’s the best fall/winter comfort recipe! So happy to hear this – thank you! 🙂
So yummy and the whole family loves it! This has become a staple for Chiefs games! ❤️💛
That makes my day!!! 🙂 Thank you so much for sharing!
Made this tonight! Absolutely loved it! We tried it in the Instant Pot on high pressure for 15 minutes.
Will be a go to for our family!
Yay! Love that you used the Instant Pot and it worked well – I definitely need to try that!! : ) Thanks so much for sharing!
This is another top fave WFTW recipe. Really hits the spot on a cold Kansas evening. The avocado is a non-negotiable topping for me!! SO good! 🥑
I agree with you on the avocado on top! 🙂 Thank you so much!
Made this tonight for Chiefs game! Delicious!
Yay, I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Must have been good luck. ; ) Thank you!
One of our all time favs! So yummy and awesome for leftovers!
This makes me want fall! So good!
Love! Such a great fall staple that’s rotating on my menu!
Aww, I love hearing that!! Thank you for sharing!!
Phenomenal recipe that is SO easy that I have it memorized. Bonus? The entire family loves it!
Oh my gosh, YAY! Thank you so much Erin! So happy the whole fam has enjoyed it!! 🙂 🙂
Made this for dinner, and it was delicious! I have tasted several of your recipes, and they have all been winners. I really appreciate that your recipes don’t have added salt in them. They are flavorful without feeling bogged down with sodium! Thank you!
Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate that! 🙂