This Crockpot White Chicken Chili is by far my most popular recipe ever! And for good reason… it is the freaking bomb, if I do say so myself. Ethan and I make this recipe all the time and it never disappoints!
I know crockpot meals are more of a fall/winter thing, but I honestly wouldn’t be opposed to eating this chicken chili year-round. It is so delicious and makes great leftovers for healthy work lunches.
is chicken chili good for you?
Yes, it is super nutritious! This chili is a great source of animal AND plant-based protein, contains tons of veggies, as well as heart-healthy fats if you load up with avocado on top!
ingredients needed for crockpot white chicken chili
This recipe has pretty simple ingredients in it, and you likely already have a lot of them in your fridge/pantry!
- Chicken Breasts
- Great Northern Beans
- Whole Kernel Corn
- Chopped Green Chiles
- Chicken Broth
- Yellow Onion
toppings to add to your crockpot white chicken chili
Toppings are almost equally as important as the actual dish, if you ask me. Especially when it comes to Mexican food, because there are so many delicious possibilities!
Some of my favorites for this Crockpot White Chicken Chili are:
- Avocado Slices — providing good healthy fats!
- Hot, Chunky Salsa
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Shredded Cheese
- Tortilla Chips or Strips (or if you’re like my mom, Frito’s!)
Any important toppings that I missed?! Let me know!
reasons to make this chicken chili for your football watch party
- It makes 6-8 servings, so it’s perfect for feeding a crowd
- It’s super easy to make
- The Crockpot does the work all day while you get ready for the big game!
- The leftovers taste equally amazing, if you have any!
My Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili is a great, meatless alternative if you need a vegetarian option. Also very tasty!
Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- 1-1.5 lb chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 cans Great Northern beans reduced-sodium, rained and rinsed
- 1 can whole corn kernels or 15 oz frozen corn
- 1 4.5 oz can chopped green chiles
- 32 oz chicken broth reduced sodium
- 1 sweet yellow onion medium, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Black pepper to taste
Optional toppings: avocado slices, plain Greek yogurt, chunky salsa, shredded cheese, and/or tortilla chips
- Add chicken breasts, Great Northern beans, corn, green chiles, chopped onion, minced garlic, and spices to the crockpot. Add 32 oz of chicken broth and squeeze the juice of one lime over the top of the mixture, then stir to combine ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
- Before removing from crockpot, stir ingredients thoroughly. Use two forks to shred the chicken, and then let cook for another 30 minutes or so.
- Serve hot with desired toppings. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up 3-5 days.
Other Dishes To Whip Up for the big game
Hosting a party at your house this year, or going somewhere else? Either way, you probably need a delicious dish to bring with you! Try out some of these easy recipes.
- Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos
- Healthy Baked Spinach Dip
- Easy Mexican Corn Dip
- Flamin’ Hot Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
Thank you so much for visiting Wellness For The Win for your Big Game snack inspiration this year!
Stay tuned for more healthy tailgating meal and snack ideas in the future! Anything specific you’d like to see? Drop a comment below!
I hope you love this Crockpot White Chicken Chili! Be sure to pin it on Pinterest so you can easily refer back!