Did anyone guess that this would be my last Super Bowl LI recipe involving the word “chili”? Yep, this Crockpot White Chicken Chili is by far my most popular recipe ever! And for good reason… it is the freaking bomb, if I do say so myself. Ethan and I make this recipe all the time and it never disappoints!
I know crock pot meals and chili are more of a fall/winter kind of thing, but I am honestly not opposed to eating this year-round. It is so delicious and makes great leftovers for healthy work lunches.
OTHER REASONS TO LOVE THIS CROCKPOT WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
- It makes 6-8 servings, so it’s perfect for feeding a crowd
- It’s super easy to make
- The crock pot does the work all day while you get ready for the big game!
- The leftovers taste equally great
I highly recommend whipping up this Crockpot White Chicken Chili for your Super Bowl party this year, or any other potluck-type gathering! And then once a week after that. : ) My Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili is a great, meatless alternative if you need a vegetarian option. Also very delicious.
Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- 1-1.5 lb chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 cans Great Northern beans reduced-sodium, rained and rinsed
- 1 can whole corn kernels or 15 oz frozen corn
- 1 4.5 oz can chopped green chiles
- 32 oz chicken broth reduced sodium
- 1 sweet yellow onion medium, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Black pepper to taste
Optional toppings: avocado slices, plain Greek yogurt, chunky salsa, shredded cheese, and/or tortilla chips
- Add chicken breasts, Great Northern beans, corn, green chiles, chopped onion, minced garlic, and spices to the crockpot. Add 32 oz of chicken broth and squeeze the juice of one lime over the top of the mixture, then stir to combine ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
- Before removing from crockpot, stir ingredients thoroughly. Use two forks to shred the chicken, and then let cook for another 30 minutes or so.
- Serve hot with desired toppings. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up 3-5 days.
Avocado is non-negotiable with this Crockpot White Chicken Chili (in my avocado-loving opinion). It is a super tasty and nutritious addition. The healthy fats in avocados help keep you full longer & they are great for you. Plus they make it look prettier… that’s important to other people too, right? 😉
Thank you so much for coming to Wellness For The Win for your Super Bowl snack inspiration this year! Don’t forget to check out @TailgateTourist and @WellnessForTheWin on Instagram and Facebook for videos of these recipes! Stay tuned for more healthy #tailgating meal & snack ideas for all of the upcoming seasons in 2017!
I hope you love them!