We recently got a Green Mountain Grills smoker and Ethan has been having way too much fun experimenting with new recipes. His favorite and most popular one thus far has been these Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers. I’ve gotten a ton of requests to share them, so here we go!
These aren’t just plain old Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers. They also include shrimp and cream cheese + some tasty seasonings. Ethan doesn’t mess around when it comes to this stuff. ; )
ingredients needed for bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers
- Uncooked bacon strips
- Fresh jalapenos
- Plain cream cheese
- Fresh or frozen shrimp
- Spices & seasonings
how to make bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers
This is how Ethan usually makes these babies. You would be wise to also wear gloves while you do this so you can remove them after handling the jalapeños and not touch your eyeball or anything else. ; )
- Slice jalapeños into about 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Cut bacon slices in half.
- Spread ~1 tsp of cream cheese on top of each jalapeno slice.
- Plop a piece of shrimp on top of each cream cheese-covered jalapeno slice.
- Finally, wrap in bacon. Use a toothpick to hold each individual piece together.
- Add spices & seasonings if desired. Ethan usually seasons with some pepper, chili powder and drizzles with some sriracha. If you don’t like spicy, simply omit that!
- Next, throw them on the smoker / grill!
If you are using fresh, uncooked shrimp, you will want to make sure it is cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit before removing from the grill. If you are using cooked shrimp, you can remove the poppers when the bacon is cooked to your liking!
other appetizers to serve at your next party
Looking for some other healthy (or not so healthy) appetizers and desserts to serve up at your next gathering? Look no further! Here are some ideas for you:
- Easy Mexican Corn Dip
- 5-Ingredient Guacamole
- Healthy Baked Spinach Dip
- Death By Chocolate
- Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 3-4 jalapenos sliced into rounds
- 1 lb bacon strips uncooked
- 8 oz plain cream cheese
- 1 lb shrimp frozen, cooked OR fresh, uncooked
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
- Black pepper to taste
- Chili powder to taste
- Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees Fahrenheit (or normal grill to medium-high heat).
- Slice jalapenos into ~1/4 inch thick rounds, and cut bacon strips in half.
- Spread 1-2 tsp of cream cheese on to the top of each jalapeno slice.
- Lay the cream cheese-covered jalapeno slice on the end of one piece of bacon.
- Top jalapeno & cream cheese slice with a piece of shrimp. Roll the bacon strip over the wrap it tightly into a "roll" and stick a toothpick through each one to keep it secure.
- Repeat until ingredients are gone.
- Transfer all of your bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers to preheated grill and cook for roughly 18-20 minutes or until bacon is cooked to your liking. Flip halfway through. (Check temperature of shrimp before removing if using fresh, uncooked shrimp. Should be cooked to internal temp of 145 degrees F.)
- Enjoy hot off the grill!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Super simple and delicious! Tag me in all of your Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers this summer! : ) Save this recipe on Pinterest so you can refer back and make them over and over!