This Easy Mexican Corn Dip is the perfect dish to bring to parties because it’s delicious and takes no time at all to throw together! Also, it tastes good for days if you have leftovers. Always a plus. ; )
My mom and I have been making some version of this dip for years, but I recently spiced it up a little (literally) by adding some additional spices, and I personally love adding beans for a little more substance, and of course protein and fiber!
ingredients needed for easy mexican corn dip
You probably have most of the ingredients you need for this dip in your pantry already!
- Canned Mexicorn (or plain canned corn and fresh, chopped bell peppers)
- Rotel, or canned diced tomatoes and diced green chiles
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Cream cheese
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Variety of spices
Serve it up with whole grain tortilla chips or Frito’s!
This corn dip is extremely easy and affordable to make.
How long will corn dip last in the fridge?
I would keep this dip in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Be sure to keep it covered in an airtight container.
If it starts to smell bad or look off, be sure to discard the dip completely.
I have not tried freezing this, but if you do, please let me know how it turns out!
should i use low-fat or full-fat greek yogurt?
This is a personal choice, but honestly, I think full-fat dairy tastes much better.
In dips like this, you can’t go wrong; it still tastes great with non-fat or low-fat thanks to all of the spices & other things going on. However, full-fat Greek yogurt is going to be creamier and richer and possibly more satisfying.
In addition, there is some compelling research regarding dairy and saturated fat. It appears that “fats in dairy foods don’t increase the risk of cardiovascular disease and may in fact benefit health”. A lot of the recommendations say to consume non-fat or low-fat dairy, but the science says we can be more flexible and actually take our own individual taste preferences and needs into account. Click here to read more.
This recipe is super flexible. Feel free to add more or less of any of the spices. If you like spicy, dice up some fresh jalapenos and throw them in there, or add some fresh bell peppers for more crunch. I use canned veggies mostly for the convenience factor, but of course this is up to you!
Easy Mexican Corn Dip
- 1 can Mexicorn or plain canned corn, plus 1 fresh bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can Rotel or low sodium diced tomatoes + canned diced green chiles
- 1 can no-salt-added black beans
- 1 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1.5 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Let cream cheese soften at room temperature.
- Drain and rinse all canned vegetables.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium to large bowl. Use a spoon to combine well.
- Let dip set in the refrigerator (covered) for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Serve cold with tortilla chips, carrot sticks, Frito's, bell pepper strips, etc. Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Want some other easy appetizer recipe ideas? Check these out!
I hope you all love this Easy Mexican Corn Dip! Please let me know if you give it a try in the comments! 🙂 Share the love by tagging me on Instagram @wellnessforthewin or pin this recipe on Pinterest!