Happy February, friends! I’m so excited to give this recipe another moment in the spotlight, because it’s just that good. When you hear Fudgy Black Bean Brownies you might be a little skeptical. Kinda like Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes, right?
I was unsure too at first, but trust me on this one. Every time I make them I am still so pleasantly surprised at how freaking delicious and not-healthy-tasting-whatsoever they are. Ethan loves them too. I can’t wait for you to try!
These Black Bean Brownies are great for any occasion — just add some festive sprinkles to make them Valentine’s Day, Christmas, Fourth of July-themed, etc.!
They are also great for just a normal week at home… no shame in that! Baking is good for the soul. #selfcare – duh.
Fudgy Black Bean Brownies Inspired By Chocolate Covered Katie
This recipe was adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie’s Black Bean Brownies. I made it my own by adding a banana, reducing the oil and switching it to avocado oil, omitting the salt and granulated sugar, plus a few other minor changes.
You can click the link to see her original recipe, OR you can trust me and try my version. I promise you will not be disappointed. Even Ethan admits that they are amazing!
These brownies actually taste amazing after chilling in the fridge for a few days. Once they have cooled, cover the pan with some Press & Seal or transfer to an airtight container, and store for up for 5 days.
I have never tried freezing them, but I imagine they would freeze/thaw just fine! Please let me know how it goes if you try it!
I also HIGHLY recommend warming them up in the microwave and serving with some vanilla bean ice cream. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT. Ugh. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
- 1 can no-salt-added or low sodium black beans drained and rinsed well
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened 100% cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats GF if needed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 scoop Further Food collagen powder optional**
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
Optional toppings: dark chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease an 8×8 pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor or a very good blender (like a Ninja or Vitamix), and blend until completely smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Scrape down the sides and continue blending/pulsing as needed.
- Once the mixture is smooth, stir in the chocolate chips and pour into prepared 8×8 pan. (If you want to sprinkle extra chocolate chips and/or walnuts on top, do so now.)
- Bake the brownies for ~20-25 minutes. Mine became more fudgy and cake-like around 24 minutes. I would recommend checking them around the 20-minute mark since all ovens cook a little differently!
- Let brownies cool for about 10 minutes before cutting into them – if you can control yourself. ; )
I can’t wait to convert all of you to Black Bean Brownie lovers!!! Be sure to tag me on IG at @wellnessforthewin if you try these, leave a comment below to let me know what you think, and pin this recipe on Pinterest so you can make it again and again!
Enjoy and thanks for reading!!