Need an easy, delicious appetizer idea for an upcoming summer gathering? Look no further! This Tomato Mango Bruschetta is the fresh, colorful app that you (and your friends) need in your lives. The mango gives it the perfect hint of sweetness for a summery, flavorful dish.
Disclosure: this post is sponsored by ALDI USA and I am being compensated monetarily; however, all opinions expressed are my own.
ingredients needed for tomato mango bruschetta
You will need the following items from ALDI for this Tomato Mango Bruschetta:
- Specially Selected Artisan French Baguette
- Roma tomatoes
- Fresh garlic
- Simply Nature Stir-In Basil Paste
- Red onion
- White onion
- Simply Nature Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Priano Balsamic Vinegar
- Parmesan cheese
why I love shopping at ALDI
It is no secret that I am an ALDI super fan. I mean, how can you not be? They have SO many amazing options, all at incredible price points. They always have unique products on the shelves, too, so it’s fun to go into the store and discover new things each time, especially as the seasons change!
One of my favorite seasonal items right now is their Benton’s Lemon Cookie Thins – SO yum! I’ve heard the lime ones are equally delicious, so I think I need to do some market research on that soon. 😉
I was really excited when I came across the Little Salad Bar Fresh Peeled Garlic that I used in this recipe. How convenient! I typically stock up on their jars of minced garlic because they are so easy to keep on hand, but I loved this option, too.
I love their ALDI-exclusive Simply Nature line of products, which are free from 125 ingredients and include tons of healthy items, such as the Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil I used in this recipe, as well as the Organic Basil Stir-In Paste.
Not to mention, their produce section is incredible! I always stock up on tons of fresh fruits and vegetables every time I’m at ALDI (and when I do curbside pickup, my fav on busy weeks)! My hauls are always full of color thanks to their high quality, delicious and affordable produce.
is tomato bruschetta healthy?
This recipe contains tons of good-for-you ingredients, including fresh fruits and veggies, all of which provide fiber, plus a variety of vitamins and minerals!
Tomatoes specifically contain lycopene, an antioxidant that has been linked to improved heart health and reduced risk of certain cancers. Mangoes offer a healthy dose of vitamin C, folate, magnesium and potassium, which offer a wide range of health benefits as well.
Extra virgin olive oil is a great source of heart-healthy unsaturated fats, which can help your body absorb and utilize fat-soluble vitamins found in the other ingredients.
will bruschetta keep overnight?
I recommend storing any leftover topping and bread separately, if possible. If you are not sure how much to make for your party, you can always go ahead and slice all the bread in advance, and store it in a plastic, re-sealable bag so it is ready to prep and bake if and when you need more. Then, add the topping when it is fresh out of the oven! This will result in a much crispier bread!
With that said, if you do toast the bread and already top it with everything and have leftovers, you can go ahead and store it in an airtight container in the fridge this way as well. I would just suggest toasting for a few minutes again before you serve to make the bottom of the bread slightly crisp again, as opposed to soggy!
Tomato Mango Bruschetta
- 2 Specially Selected Artisan French Baguettes cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 Tbsp Simply Nature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided, 1 for sauteed garlic and 2 for brushing on sliced bread
- 5 cloves Little Salad Bar Fresh Peeled Garlic minced
- 5 Roma tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 white onion small, diced
- 1/2 red onion small, diced
- 1/4 tsp Simply Nature Organic Stir-In Paste Basil per slice
- 1/2 lemon squeezed for juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp Priano Balsamic Vinegar of Modena to drizzle on top
- 2 tsp Emporium Selection Shredded Parmesan Cheese per slice, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Have 2 medium/large baking sheets ready. You do not need to line them with anything or spray the pan, however, for easier clean-up, you may line with foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small skillet pan, saute minced garlic in 1 Tbsp Simply Nature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil until browned and slightly crispy. Set aside.
- Chop tomatoes and mango, dice red and white onion, and combine in a mixing bowl. Add sauteed garlic with excess olive oil. Shred Parmesan using a cheese grater.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice from 1/2 lemon on top of the mixture. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well and chill in the refrigerator.
- Cut French baguettes into 1/4 inch slices using a serrated knife. Transfer to your baking sheets, evenly spread out.
- Add 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil to a small bowl. Use a silicone brush to lightly coat sliced bread. Then, add 1/4-1/2 tsp basil paste on top and use a spoon to spread across the bread.
- Place baking sheets in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until crispy.
- Remove from oven and top with chilled tomato/mango mixture, about 1 Tbsp on each slice.
- Add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top, if desired, and a drizzle of Balsamic vinegar.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Store any leftovers of the topping mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Store any leftover bread in a plastic, re-sealable bag at room temperature. I recommend leaving any leftover bread untoasted, and waiting until you are ready to serve any leftover topping to add oil/basil and toast in the oven.
- One serving is 3-4 slices of bread with topping. 2 French Baguettes yields approximately 16-20 servings.
I have a feeling you all are going to love this one! I can’t wait to hear what you think. If you try it out, be sure to tag @wellnessforthewin and @aldiusa in your stories and posts on Instagram, and share the love by pinning this recipe on Pinterest!
Click here to find an ALDI near you so you can snag all the ingredients you need. Enjoy!