This Easy Party Chex Mix is perfect for football watch parties and/or tailgates, holidays or any other fun gatherings you have coming up! It’s SUPER easy to whip up and comes together in about 15-20 minutes, plus 30 minutes of rest time – that’s IT! It’s also super easy to customize to your liking or based on what you have in your pantry!
The original recipe came from my OffBeat Butters cookbook, which is filled with SO many delicious recipes! My affiliate code is wellnessforthewin to save on both OffBeatButters and Clean Simple Eats protein powders and other products — shop them here.
easy party chex mix ingredients
You only need a few ingredients to create this delicious recipe!
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Chex cereal
- Mini M&Ms
- Maple syrup
- Aloha OffBeat Butters (or other creamy nut butter)
- Butter or ghee
video tutorial of this recipe:
Check out the video of me making this recipe on my Reels here!
easy party chex mix substitutions
Here are a few simple swaps you could make in this recipe if you don’t have certain items on hand or simply have different preferences!
- If you don’t have Aloha OffBeat Butters on hand, you could sub any creamy peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter – ideally, one that is pretty drizzly!
- For the Chex cereal, you can use Corn Chex, Rice Chex or Wheat Chex – I used Wheat
- The original recipe called for Golden Grahams but I used Cinnamon Toast Crunch, partly because I couldn’t find Golden Grahams at my store AND because CT Crunch is the GOAT of cereals. ; )
- The original recipe also included 3/4 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes – I did not add this because I didn’t have it on hand, but if you’re a coconut lover, you might enjoy that addition!
- You could also substitute Reese’s Pieces in place of M&Ms if you want a more peanut-buttery vibe
- I used cane sugar in this recipe, but you could use any sugar you have – coconut sugar, brown sugar, white table sugar, etc.
how to store easy party chex mix
If you have any leftovers of this Chex Mix, simply store it in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. You could use a large Ziploc bag or a Tupperware container.
other recipe ideas for parties & gatherings
Here are a few other recipes you could add to the menu for any upcoming watch parties or holidays!
- Healthy Baked Spinach Dip – one of my most popular!
- Buffalo Chicken Dip (with a Secret Healthy Ingredient!)
- Easy Mexican Corn Dip
- Slow Cooker Cheese Dip
- Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
my favorite OffBeat Butters flavors:
If you are feeling inspired to grab the Aloha OffBeat Butter specifically for this recipe, you might as well grab my other favorites while you’re at it. ; ) These nut butters are so drizzly and delishhhhh. Perfect in yogurt bowls, overnight oats, smoothies, you name it!
My favorites are:
- Salted Caramel
- Cinnamon Bun
- Sweet Classic Peanut Butter
- Gingerbread Cookie
They have a ton of other tasty ones, but those are at the top of my list!
Easy Party Chex Mix
- 2.5 cups Chex cereal Wheat, Rice or Corn
- 2.5 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Golden Grahams
- 1/2 cup mini M&Ms or more as desired, I added closer to 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup cashews chopped well if serving to young kids
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar cane, white or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Aloha OffBeat Butters cashew butter or other drizzly nut butter
- 1/4 cup ghee or butter
- Combine cereals, candies and nuts in a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, combine syrup, sugar, nut butter and butter and bring to a boil. Stir well.
- Pour liquid mixture over cereal mixture and stir until combined. Pour onto wax paper to set for at least 30 minutes, then enjoy!
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Be sure to whip this up for your next party and tag me at @wellnessforthewin if you try so I can see!