If I’m at a party and someone brought Buffalo Chicken Dip as an appetizer, that’s where you can find me. Seriously. It never, ever disappoints — am I right?! I am SUPER excited to share my version of Buffalo Chicken Dip, because it has a secret healthy ingredient inside, and it’s honestly just freaking delicious. I think you’re going to love it!
what is buffalo chicken dip made of?
If you do a quick Google search for Buffalo Chicken Dip, you’ll find that a lot of the “traditional” recipes include ranch dressing and/or blue cheese in some form. You won’t find either of those in my recipe, however. Call me crazy, but I despise blue cheese, so I will literally never create a recipe that involves it, lol. Also, I personally don’t think ranch is necessary in Buffalo Chicken Dip, and I don’t think you’ll miss it.
All you need for my Buffalo Chicken Dip is the following:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or you could even buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it to make this extra quick & easy)
- Frozen riced cauliflower
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cream cheese
- Hot sauce
- Minced garlic
- Black pepper
- Green onions (optional, for garnish)
If you want to buy low or reduced-fat versions of the Greek yogurt and/or cream cheese, you can do that!
how to make this buffalo chicken dip: step-by-step
Good news – this Buffalo Chicken Dip is SUPER easy to make!
First, cook and shred your boneless, skinless chicken breasts. You can either bake, pressure cook or grill your chicken – whatever you want! Just make sure to cook it to an internal cooking temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Alternatively, you could buy a rotiserrie chicken and shred that to make this recipe come together even quicker.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl (reserve 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese to sprinkle on top before baking) and stir until mixed well. I bought a frozen, steamable bag of riced cauliflower, so I just popped mine in the microwave to cook before adding to the mixture.
Transfer to a greased 9×13 baking dish and top with the 1/2 cup of shredded cheese you reserved.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with chopped green onions, if desired.
Serve hot with desired dippers — chips, pretzels, veggies, whatever your heart desires! Enjoy!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days, or transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3-6 months.
what is good to dip in buffalo chicken dip?
There are so many different things that you can dip in Buffalo Chicken Dip! I’m personally a fan of having a variety of dippers available.
Here are some different options you could serve it with:
- Tortilla chips
- Whole grain crackers, like Triscuits or Wheat Thins
- Carrot or celery sticks
- Pretzels (I think Pretzel Thins would be especially bomb with this)
- Toasted baguette slices
- Pita bread
high protein, meal prep lunch ideas
When I had leftovers of this dip, I actually ate it for lunch for several days and it was super satisfying that way! Pair it with some whole grain crackers (like Triscuits) and veggies and you’ve got yourself a delicious, balanced meal!
If you love this, you might also love my Healthy Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad for an easy, meal prep lunch option.
other super bowl recipe ideas
Looking for other delicious recipes to make for your Super Bowl watch party? Check out some of these tasty options below!
- Easy Mexican Corn Dip
- Slow Cooker Cheese Dip (with ground beef)
- Tomato Mango Bruschetta (can omit mango for more traditional Bruschetta)
- Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Muffins with Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Shrimp Poppers
- Five-Ingredient Guacamole
- Healthy Baked Spinach Dip
- Easy Stovetop Beef Chili (comes together in around 30 minutes!)
- Classic Margaritas on the Rocks
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 lb chicken breast cooked, shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 1/2 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 12 oz frozen riced cauliflower cooked
- Green onions optional for topping
- Tortilla chips, pretzel thins, carrot or celery sticks, etc. for serving
- Cook and shred chicken. (Internal cooking temp 165 F – can bake, pressure cook, grill chicken- whatever you prefer.) Alternatively, you can get a rotisserie chicken and shred that to save time, if you'd like.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook riced cauliflower (microwave frozen steamable bag).
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl (reserve 1/2 cup shredded cheese to sprinkle on top, and leave out green onions) and stir until mixed well.
- Transfer to a greased 9×13 pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted & bubbly. Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.
- Serve hot with desired dippers — chips, pretzels, veggies, whatever your heart desires! Enjoy!
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
I hope you love this Buffalo Chicken Dip and that it makes you super popular at any parties you have in the near future. ; ) Be sure to tag me @wellnessforthewin on IG if you try it, and share the love by pinning this recipe on Pinterest for others to find!
Did you love it? Come back and leave a star rating and review! I would appreciate it so much!
Enjoy and GO CHIEFS!