I’m SO incredibly excited to share these delicious, Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Muffins with you today! They are made using Kodiak Cakes whole grain cornbread mix and they are super easy to make and SO dang tasty.
You can also use my discount code wellnessforthewin15 for 15% off Kodiak Cakes products!
Disclosure: this post is sponsored by Kodiak Cakes and I am being compensated monetarily; however, all opinions expressed are my own. This is a brand I absolutely love and use in my kitchen on a regular basis!
ingredients needed for jalapeno cheddar cornbread muffins
Well, the title kinda gives a lot of the ingredients away, but you will need:
- Kodiak Cakes Cornbread Mix
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Butter or Ghee
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
what makes these jalapeno cheddar cornbread muffins healthier
This recipe offers whole grains in the form of whole grain wheat flour and whole grain cornmeal. Eating whole grains is associated with various benefits including a lower risk of diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure.
In addition, there is a nice dose of protein from the Kodiak Cakes mix as well as the plain Greek yogurt added in the process. Proteins are the building blocks of human life — every cell in your body contains protein and you require the amino acids in proteins to build new cells. Protein foods are very filling and help to stabilize blood sugar levels, so aim to include a variety of protein sources throughout your day.
Another fun fact: there is strong evidence showing that eating high-fat dairy improves fertility. High-fat dairy is energy-dense, filling and tastes great. Feel free to use full-fat Greek yogurt in this recipe! (Low or reduced-fat will also work if that’s what you prefer/have on hand.)
what to serve cornbread muffins with:
Call me crazy, but I have been loving these for breakfast alongside some scrambled eggs, with a little dab of butter or Greek yogurt on the muffins!
How would you serve up these Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Muffins!?
Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Muffins
- 1 package Kodiak Cakes Protein-Packed Cornbread Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp melted butter or ghee
- 1.75 cup unsweetened almond milk or regular milk
- 1/2 cup diced jalapenos less if you don't like spicy
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease two muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray (recipe makes ~16 muffins).
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until mixed well. Transfer prepared mix to greased muffin pan and fill the cups about 3/4 of the way full.
- Place muffins in the oven for 20-25 minutes (check around 20 minutes; all ovens cook differently!) until golden brown, or until a toothpick comes out clean. (If you use a mini muffin pan, cook for ~15-17 minutes). Enjoy warm.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in oven or microwave.
I hope you all love these Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Muffins as much as we do! If you try this recipe, be sure to tag me in your creations on IG at @wellnessforthewin and @kodiakcakes! Can’t wait to see! 🙂