These Crispy Roasted Baby Potatoes are quick and easy to whip up and make a delicious side dish the whole family will love.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR CRISPY ROASTED BABY POTATOES
One of the best things about this recipe is that it is so simple and requires minimal ingredients.
All you need:
- Tri-color/baby potatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- Salt & pepper
- Garlic powder
SHOULD YOU LEAVE THE SKIN ON POTATOES?
Yes! Not only does the skin provide a nice crispy texture, but it also contains most of the fiber and many other nutrients. Leave the skin on to reap the most benefits. Bonus: it’s way less work to leave it on, ha!
CAN I CUT POTATOES AHEAD OF TIME FOR ROASTING?
I often chop potatoes and sweet potatoes a day or two in advance and just store them covered in the refrigerator until ready to use! I do not add any oil or spices until it is time to cook.
Most things say to cover the potatoes in water to prevent them from browning, but I don’t do that, personally. I don’t have issues if I use them within 24 hours or so, but here are tips on how to do that if you’re interested!
serving suggestions for crispy roasted baby pOtatoes
Mini nutrition lesson: potatoes are considered a starchy veggie, which essentially means they count as the carbohydrate serving at your meal! In other words, you still want to include a non-starchy veggie and protein/fat source!
These roasted potatoes pair perfectly with roasted Brussels sprouts (and you can cook them at the exact same time), but you could also use the same method for broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc. I toss these veggies in olive oil, salt & pepper and garlic powder, too!
Other options to serve these potatoes with:
- Honey Garlic Chicken
- Air Fryer Ranch Chicken
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Healthy Vegetable Frittata — makes them breakfast potatoes!
Crispy Roasted Baby Potatoes
- 1.5 lbs tri-color potatoes
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Fresh cracked salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Wash potatoes with water and scrub with a veggie brush as needed. Cut off any bruises and chop into bite sized pieces using a sharp knife.
- Transfer chopped potatoes to a medium bowl and lightly coat with 1 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and spices: garlic powder, paprika and salt and pepper. Toss to evenly distribute oil and spices.
- Spread potatoes out on prepared baking sheet and put in the preheated oven. Set timer for 15 minutes, then toss potatoes with a spatula, and put back in the oven for an additional 15 minutes. (Total cook time: 30 minutes). Tossing halfway through helps to cook them more evenly.
- At the end of the 30 minutes, use a fork to ensure they are soft enough to poke through. Serve hot. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
I hope you love these crispy roasted baby potatoes as much as we do!
As always, be sure to tag me on IG @wellnessforthewin if you try these, and share the love by pinning this recipe on Pinterest! Can’t wait to hear what you think!