Episode #27: Navigating Infertility and Intuitive Eating Through IVF with Susan Portz, MS, RDN
I sat down with Susan Portz, who is a Registered Dietitian, Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor, and IVF sister. Susan is passionate about helping women navigate their fertility journey with compassion & without guilt or unnecessary diet restrictions. Susan is incredibly open and vulnerable about her journey with infertility and I think this will be so helpful for other women going through it, or for those looking to support loved ones on a fertility journey.
What we cover:
- Susan’s personal fertility journey and what she has learned along the way
- A look into the process of IVF as well as the cost
- Things to consider throughout your fertility journey – things to check for, specialists to see, etc.
- How and why to advocate for yourself
- The mental & emotional toll of a fertility journey
- How to navigate the IVF process with your partner
- How she and her husband have coped differently & together
- How to support loved ones going through IVF/fertility treatments
- How to stay positive while going through a fertility journey
- And more!
Connect with Susan:
- Link to buy her course: Learn more about Fertility Nutrition Academy
- Podcast link: Food Peace, Please
- Find Susan on IG & TikTok @freedom.fertility
Affiliate Links & Codes:
- Hill and Hazel – use my code SHANNA10 to save at hillandhazel.com
- Paragon Fitwear – use code WELLNESSFORTHEWIN to save at paragonfitwear.com
- LoveHandle – use code WELLNESSFORTHEWIN to save – affiliate link
Other Resources Mentioned:
- Podcast Susan loves – Fertile Ground
- Spencer Brissard (host of Fertile Ground) IG – @spenserbrassard
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss Association – @rplassociation
CONNECT WITH ME:
- Follow me on IG at @wellnessforthewin and @wellnessforthewinpod
- Check out my blog for healthy recipes & wellness tips!
Please be sure to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast!