Diabetes is incredibly common, so it’s important to understand what it is, who is at risk, and how we can support healthy blood sugars, whether we have a diagnosis of diabetes/prediabetes or not! For today’s episode I sat down with fellow dietitian (and Certified Diabetes Educator) Kristie Messerli to dive deep into these topics!
What we cover:
- What is diabetes?
- Who is at risk for developing diabetes?
- How to balance your blood sugar, whether you have diabetes or not
- Symptoms of diabetes or elevated blood sugar
- Should you be on medications for your blood sugar?
- Is diabetes reversible?
- Tips for combating the “dawn phenomenon” (high fasting blood sugar)
- What is insulin resistance? Who is at risk or how to know if you have it?
- How does alcohol impact blood sugars?
- How to care for your body and improve blood sugar long term
- And more!
CONNECT WITH KRISTIE:
- Follow her on IG: @type2diabetes.nutritionist
- Website: https://dietitiankristie.com/ – find out more about her group programs and cookbooks
Some of Kristie’s favorite diabetes/nutrition resources:
- Non-diet approach: Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat (affiliate link)
- Milk & Honey Nutrition – @milknhoneynutrition – see her IG accounts for cookbook links
Affiliate Links Mentioned:
- Vooray Affiliate Link: affiliate code wellnessforthewin – shop here
- ALOHA Bars Affiliate Link: code wellnessforthewin – affiliate link
- LoveHandle affiliate link: code wellnessforthewin
CONNECT WITH ME AT THE LINKS BELOW!
- Follow me on IG at @wellnessforthewin and @wellnessforthewinpod
- Check out my blog for healthy recipes & wellness tips!
Please be sure to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast!