Episode #26: How to Prevent and Manage Type 2 Diabetes with Kristie Messerli, RD CDCES
Diabetes is incredibly common, so it’s important to understand what it is, who is at risk, and how we can support healthy blood sugars, whether we have a diagnosis of diabetes/prediabetes or not! For today’s episode I sat down with fellow dietitian (and Certified Diabetes Educator) Kristie Messerli to dive deep into these topics!
What we cover:
- What is diabetes?
- Who is at risk for developing diabetes?
- How to balance your blood sugar, whether you have diabetes or not
- Symptoms of diabetes or elevated blood sugar
- Should you be on medications for your blood sugar?
- Is diabetes reversible?
- Tips for combating the “dawn phenomenon” (high fasting blood sugar)
- What is insulin resistance? Who is at risk or how to know if you have it?
- How does alcohol impact blood sugars?
- How to care for your body and improve blood sugar long term
- And more!
CONNECT WITH KRISTIE:
- Follow her on IG: @type2diabetes.nutritionist
- Website: https://dietitiankristie.com/ – find out more about her group programs and cookbooks
Some of Kristie’s favorite diabetes/nutrition resources:
- Non-diet approach: Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat (affiliate link)
- Milk & Honey Nutrition – @milknhoneynutrition – see her IG accounts for cookbook links
Affiliate Links Mentioned:
- Vooray Affiliate Link: affiliate code wellnessforthewin – shop here
- ALOHA Bars Affiliate Link: code wellnessforthewin – affiliate link
- LoveHandle affiliate link: code wellnessforthewin
CONNECT WITH ME AT THE LINKS BELOW!
- Follow me on IG at @wellnessforthewin and @wellnessforthewinpod
- Check out my blog for healthy recipes & wellness tips!
Please be sure to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast!