Episode #35: Everything You Need To Know About Whole30 with Charlotte Martin, MS, RD
Ep. #35: Today we are diving deep into Whole30. If you’ve been curious about it or are contemplating doing it (again), tune in to hear two Registered Dietitians share their thoughts on the program.
What we cover in this episode:
- How to sift through nutrition misinformation on social media
- A breakdown of the requirements of the Whole30 diet
- Which foods are allowed vs. which foods are not during the 30-day elimination period
- Pros and cons of Whole30
- What are lectins and should we avoid them?
- All about dairy
- Can Whole30 heal your gut?
- Is a vegan diet the best approach for better health?
- What does a plant-forward diet look like?
- Protein: how much should you be eating? Best sources?
- Two RDs thought on weight loss goals
- Healthy habits & goals to focus on > the scale
- And more!
CONNECT WITH CHARLOTTE:
- Follow her on Instagram & TikTok at @nutritiondaily (formerly @shapedbycharlotte)
- Check out her nutrition blog at https://nutritiondaily.com/
- Buy The Plant Forward Solution Book here (affiliate link)
AFFILIATE LINKS / SPONSORS:
- Get started with EveryPlate for just $1.49 per meal on your first box by going to EveryPlate.com/podcast and entering code wellnessforthewin149 #ad
- Get a discount on Full Well Fertility prenatals & fish oil supplements (what I use and love!) using my affiliate code WELLNESSFORTHEWIN – shop here
OTHER EPISODES TO CHECK OUT:
- #28: A Registered Dietitian’s Honest Thoughts on 75 Hard
- #26: How to Prevent and Manage Type 2 Diabetes with Kristi Messerli RD CDCES
- #15: How I Stopped Counting Calories and Why I Never Looked Back
- #4: How to Improve Gut Health with Bethany Frazier, RD
CONNECT WITH ME:
- Follow me on IG at @wellnessforthewin and @wellnessforthewinpod
- Check out my blog for healthy recipes & wellness tips!
Please be sure to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast!