I’m so happy to be writing a blog post again and more importantly, sharing these Pretzel Crusted Chicken Tenders with you! Things have been a little crazy over here the past few weeks. I know it probably seems like I always say that… but this time I really mean it! We have had a lot of big, fun, life things going on behind the scenes recently, and I’m excited to share the details on that with you soon. (I know what some of you are probably thinking, and NO, I am not pregnant). Stay tuned. ; )
In case you didn’t know, these Pretzel Crusted Chicken Tenders have been on my blog since the early days. Sadly, the recipe got lost when I made the move to this beautiful new blog. A loyal follower brought it to my attention because it was one of her favorite recipes, so I knew I had to recreate it! We actually haven’t made them in years, so I was thankful for the reminder!
WHY THESE PRETZEL CRUSTED CHICKEN TENDERS ARE THE BOMB
- They are crunchy & salty
- A lot more exciting than plain ol’ chicken breasts
- Healthier alternative to fried chicken
- Quick & easy to make
- Husband-approved, and most likely, kid-approved!
This is a fun way to spice up chicken breasts by adding some extra flavor & crunch. You can use regular-flavored Pretzel Crisps, or Pretzel Crisps with Everything Seasoning, Spicy Seasoning — whatever you’re in the mood for! This recipe is so easy & satisfying. I know you are going to love it!
Pretzel Crusted Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 cups Everything Pretzel Crisps crushed
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips.
- Pour whole wheat flour into a shallow dish. Season with pepper, if desired.
- Add 2 eggs to another shallow dish, and beat well with a fork.
- Add Pretzel Crisps to a third dish, and use the bottom of your measuring cup to smash the pretzels into small pieces. (If preferred, you can do this with the pretzels in a plastic bag so it doesn’t make a mess.)
- Place one chicken strip at a time into the flour and coat completely.
- Then dip in egg and let any excess drip off.
- Transfer chicken to the crushed pretzels and coat completely.
- Arrange pretzel-crusted chicken strips evenly on prepared baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and set timer for 20 minutes. Flip chicken over halfway through to cook evenly.
- Remove from oven when chicken is cooked through, or reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165 F.
As you can see, we paired the chicken tenders with roasted sweet potatoes, broccoli & cauliflower. They are all cooked at the same temperature, so you can easily whip them up at the same time! Head to my Simple Roasted Veggies recipe for some inspiration.
I can’t wait to hear what you think! Pin this recipe on Pinterest so you can refer back to it later, and as always, share your creations on Instagram and tag me @wellnessforthewin!