These Frozen Banana Bites with Dark Chocolate and Peanut Butter are SO easy to make. You only need 3 ingredients, about 5-10 minutes and your sweet tooth will be satisfied with this delicious and healthy treat!
I’ve been trying to get creative with all this extra spare time lately while we stay at home, and I wanted to create some easy recipes using ingredients that most people probably already have on hand. And who doesn’t love a good sweet treat?
ingredients needed for these banana bites:
- Bananas, not too ripe/soft
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter of choice
Hence the name, Banana Bites with Dark Chocolate and Peanut Butter… were you expecting something else? ; )
ways to customize this healthy frozen treat
You can easily switch things up with this recipe to meet your dietary needs and/or personal preferences. If you prefer crunchy over creamy PB, go for it! Want to use almond butter instead? Be my guest. Actually… I might have to try that next.
Lastly, you can use dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or even white chocolate chips for all I care! You could even get butterscotch chips or something like that if you’re feelin’ fancy.
A few fellow bloggers have some very similar recipes if you want to check theirs out too; Healthy Liv & Not Enough Cinnamon. Both of theirs call for coconut oil, but I wanted to keep mine as simple as possible and didn’t find it totally necessary. You do you!
Theirs also look much neater than mine. ; ) Feel free to get messy! These don’t have to look picture perfect to be delicious. 🙂
why these frozen banana bites are the best
We’ve already covered the obvious — they require minimal ingredients and hardly any time at all. Also, they are healthy-ish (and delicious, duh).
But another thing I love about them is that they would be so easy to make along with your kiddos (or grand-kids, nieces/nephews, etc.)! I am not a parent yet, but I know a lot of you have little ones and are getting desperate for ways to entertain them AND also feed them healthy-ish snacks while staying at home.
Kids of all ages could easily help make these frozen banana bites. If they aren’t old enough to handle knives yet, they could even do it all with a spoon or plastic knife.
Frozen Banana Bites with Dark Chocolate and Peanut Butter
- 2 bananas medium
- 6 Tbsp peanut butter creamy or crunchy
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips or milk chocolate
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a pan or small baking sheet.
- On a plate or cutting board, slice bananas into coins about 1/4" thick. (Roughly 12 slices per banana)
- Using the same knife, spread about 2 tsp of peanut butter onto a slice, then stack a second banana slice on top of it to make a "sandwich".
- Place each banana+PB sandwich on the parchment paper until you're all done.
- Pour chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for ~30 seconds, or until they are completely melted.
- Stir with a spoon, and drizzle over the top of the banana+PB sandwiches until the chocolate is gone.
- Transfer the parchment paper-lined pan/bowl to the freezer for about 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, eat and enjoy!
- Store them in the freezer covered.
And there you have it – your new favorite, easy, frozen treat — Frozen Banana Bites with Dark Chocolate and Peanut Butter! : )
Be sure to tag me on Instagram at @wellnessforthewin if you try these, and pin the recipe on Pinterest for later!