- Harvesters distributes more than 52 million pounds of food annually
- Harvesters provides food and related household products to more than 620 nonprofit agencies including emergency food pantries, community kitchens, homeless shelters, children’s homes and others
- Harvesters’ network of nonprofit agencies feeds 141,500 different people each month, as you can see in the photo below!
- Harvesters serves some of the most vulnerable communities; one in four of those served by Harvesters are children and one in five are seniors
- To help feed kids in need this summer, Harvesters and Price Chopper partnered up to create a Virtual Food Drive! You can CLICK HERE to donate! It’s so quick and easy to do, and it can make a huge impact in the lives of others.
- A little bit goes a long way. For every $1 donated, Harvesters can provide 3 meals to kids in need this summer! Let me say that again — just ONE dollar provides THREE meals. Many of us have $1, or a few more, to spare, especially for a cause as important as this. Just imagine how grateful you would be if the roles were reversed.
- You can also donate locally here in KC at any Price Chopper by adding money to your bill at checkout, or bringing in non-perishable items to place in the blue Harvesters food bins in the store.
If you have any questions about other ways you can get involved, head to the Harvesters website, or follow them on Instagram at @harvesters. You can also reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or DM me on Instagram @wellnessforthewin!
Thank you in advance for helping us beat Summer Hunger in our community!
Until next time,
Shanna Hutcheson, RD LD
Wellness For The Win
#BeatSummerHunger #Harvesters #Sponsored #KansasCity