Blueberry Pecan Baked Oatmeal
- 1 cup mashed banana ~2-3 medium bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk or milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons melted and cooled coconut oil melted butter or melted ghee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups old fashioned rolled oats gluten free if desired
- 2-3 scoops Further Food Collagen* optional
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup frozen blueberries or diced strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 pan* with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed banana, eggs, almond milk, coconut oil and vanilla until mostly smooth. Next, add in rolled oats, collagen (if using), baking powder, cinnamon and salt until well combined. Lastly, gently fold in blueberries, pecans and dark chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25-35 minutes until edges start to become slightly golden brown. (Or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.) Serve warm with a tablespoon of almond butter on top.
- Wait for oatmeal bake to cool, then cut into 12 squares and store in individual sandwich Ziploc bags. Place all sandwich bags in a large gallon freezer bag and store in the freezer. Can be stored for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Enjoy! Soon I plan to share a whole blog post with all of my favorite make-ahead healthy breakfast recipes! Stay tuned. 🙂
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me @wellnessforthewin and hashtag #wellnessforthewin so I can see your creations!
Have a great rest of the week,
Shanna Hutcheson, RD LD
#WellnessForTheWin #OatmealBake #MealPrepBreakfast