I believe it is essential to continue the conversation around racism and keep amplifying melanated voices, so I wanted to share this post as a resource to help everyone discover & support Black creators, specifically those who have podcasts. Podcasts are such a great way to learn and I have personally been wanting to expand what I listen to in order to keep educating myself and becoming an ally. I surveyed my audience on IG and got a ton of responses of awesome, Black-Hosted Podcasts To Listen To.
Check out this list below to include more Black men and women in your podcast library! If you enjoy their content, you can go one step further to support them by:
- Leaving a rating and review on their podcast
- Following them on social media & engaging with their posts
- Sharing their podcast on your stories & tagging them
- Telling your friends about them
All of these things are FREE to you and help creators continue to provide entertaining and educational content.
Black-Hosted Podcasts To Listen To
- Code Switch – NPR
- Shine Brighter Together – Monique Melton
- Token Confessions – Sanchez Fair and Cedric Lundy
- Good Ancestor Podcast – Layla F. Saad (great episodes with Austin Channing, Rachel Cargle and Glennon Doyle)
- The Joe Budden Podcast
- 2 Dope Queens (no longer recording new episodes, but apparently it’s hilarious)
- This Day in History Class
- Higher Learning – Rachel Lindsay & Van Lathan
- Brown Ambition – Mandi Woodruff and Tiffany Aliche
- Pod Save The People
- Be The Bridge – Latasha Morrison
- White Women’s Toxic Tears – Lisa Sharon Harper and Jen Hatmaker
- Balanced Black Girl – Lestraundra “Les” Alfred
- Food Heaven Podcast – Registered Dietitians Wendy Lopez and Jessica Jones talking about HAES, intuitive eating, body acceptance and more!
- Coffee With My Ma
- Black Girl Bravado – Germani Manning and Brittany Lackey
- Melanated Faith – Faitth and Kathryn
- Work In Progress by Sophia Bush (not a POC, but has had several POC guests lately that were very informational and inspiring)
- Going to Bed With Garcelle (from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills)
- Let’s Talk About It – Taylor Nolan (from The Bachelor)
- Journey To Launch – Jamila Souffrant, a Certified Financial Education Instructor, about financial freedom
- Deadass – Khadeen and Devale Ellis
- His And Her Money Podcast
- Unlocking Us – Brene Brown (not POC, but good, recent episodes with POC, including Austin Channing)
- Population Unplugged – Cornell Thomas
I’m sure there are hundreds more out there that I’m not aware of, so if you know of any amazing Black-hosted podcasts that I missed, please let me know and I will update the list!
Click here for some of my other favorite podcasts to listen to!
I hope this list of Black-Hosted Podcasts To Listen To will help you learn more about racism in our culture, how to be actively anti-racist, as well as simply be entertained by some awesome and talented Black men and women!
Thanks for reading! Happy listening! 🙂