Today we are talking about ALL things postpartum mental health with licensed therapists Kelsey and Tara from The Counseling Collaborative, women’s mental health practice located in Kansas City. This episode will be extremely helpful for anyone who is currently pregnant or postpartum, or anyone looking to support someone who is struggling with their mental health after baby.
Topics we cover:
- Signs and symptoms of postpartum mental health/mood disorders such as postpartum anxiety and postpartum depression
- Coping strategies for moms, including stay-at-home-moms
- How to deal with postpartum rage
- Intrusive thoughts – what is “normal” vs. when to seek help
- Medications such as anti-depressants & other treatment options for mental health/mood disorders
- What is catastrophic thinking? How to work through it
- The effects of weaning on mental health
- How to deal with the change in identity once you become “mom” and how to feel more like yourself
CONNECT WITH THE COUNSELING COLLABORATIVE:
- Follow them on IG @thecounselingco
- Follow them on TikTok @thecounselingco
- Check out their website and services: https://www.thecounselingco.com/
- Check out our blog post we created together on How To Find A Therapist (if you’re not local to KC and can’t use The Counseling Co.!) – https://wellnessforthewin.com/how-to-find-a-therapist/
- Another post you might find helpful: https://wellnessforthewin.com/finding-balance-as-a-working-mom/
Affiliate Links & Other Resources Mentioned In The Episode:
- Paragon Fitwear – discount code wellnessforthewin to save – shop here!
- LoveHandle discount code wellnessforthewin – shop here!
- Tubby Todd – use my affiliate link for 10% off!
- @thematrescence – another great resource for mamas
CONNECT WITH ME:
- Follow me on Instagram at @wellnessforthewin and @wellnessforthewinpod
- Check out my blog for healthy, family-friendly recipes & articles on wellness, travel, motherhood and more
- Join my email list! Get weekly inspiration in your inbox with easy, healthy recipes, wellness tips, random things I’m loving, upcoming podcast episodes & future wellness challenges!
Talk to you soon!