Episode #37: Looking to cut back on alcohol or “sober curious?” Let’s talk about it with Sober Sis
How do you feel about your relationship with alcohol? Good? Bad? It’s complicated? In today’s episode with Jenn of Sober Sis we get INTO IT – I loved this conversation. I personally don’t think it has to be all or nothing with alcohol (for most people) but I think this discussion is a really important one to have and to think about. I hope you’ll take a listen and do some reflecting on your alcohol use and how it’s serving you.
What we covered:
- What does it mean to be sober-minded & sober curious
- What if you don’t have a “problem” with alcohol, but want to stop drinking or reduce your intake (without people assuming you’re an alcoholic)
- Mindfulness vs. abstinence from alcohol
- All about “hangxiety” — anxiety after consuming alcohol
- Some of the possible benefits of reducing alcohol
- Ways to unwind and relax at the end of the day without alcohol
- Navigating alcohol when you have alcoholism in your family
- The importance of having a support system if you want to explore reducing or eliminating alcohol
- Some of Jenn’s favorite alcohol-free alternatives
- Some surprising feedback from my listeners regarding their relationship with alcohol
CONNECT WITH JENN:
- Website: www.sobersis.com/home – you can get more info about her monthly challenges here or get her free guide!
- Facebook: /sobermindedsister
- Instagram: @sobersis — link tree in bio has all the links you need!
- Pinterest: /sobersis
- Books about relationship with alcohol: Naked Mind, Quit Like A Woman
- Alcohol Explained – William Porter
- Stay tuned for Jenn’s new book in spring 2023!
- @drinksurely – alcohol-free wine
- Get 10% off @shophillandhazel at hillandhazel.com with code SHANNA10 (affiliate) – shop here
- Use code WELLNESSFORTHEWIN to save on LoveHandle phone grips – affiliate link
- Save on your subscription to Expecting & Empowered App (pregnancy and postpartum workouts! follow them @expectingandempowered) with affiliate code WELLNESSFORTHEWIN – shop here
Happy new year!
- Follow me on IG at @wellnessforthewin and @wellnessforthewinpod
- Check out my blog for healthy recipes & wellness tips!
Please be sure to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast!