Episode #45: How to Love Your Body Well, Even When It’s Hard with Amy Reinecke
I sat down with Amy Reinecke to discuss all things body image and healing your relationship with food and your body, as well as learning to care for your body on a daily basis, even when it doesn’t look or feel exactly how you want it to.
What we covered:
- Amy shares her story and past struggles with body image, binge eating / disordered eating and starting to diet in 4th grade
- How starting to diet at such a young age impacted her
- Some other factors that impacted her body image
- How she felt when she reached her “goal weight”
- How and why she decided to walk away from diet culture
- How we can improve our health + habits without dieting
- Why comparison is the thief of joy, especially regarding our bodies
- How to get back in tune with hunger and fullness signals after dieting
- What to do when walking away from dieting
- How to push away negative thoughts about your body
- How does Amy cope with bad body image days after leaving dieting
- Honest thoughts on emotional eating or other coping strategies Amy has worked through
- How to set our kids up for success and break the dieting cycle
- How to navigate food allergies/intolerances without a restriction mindset
- And more!
CONNECT WITH AMY:
- Follow Amy on Instagram at @loveyourbodywell and @loveyourbodywellpodcast
- Check out Amy’s blog at loveyourbodywell.net
- Listen to Amy’s podcast: Love Your Body Well Podcast
TODAY’S SPONSORS & AFFILIATE LINKS:
- Learn more about Advent Health Kanasas City and their ER Care in the Kansas City area, as well as their resource GetInQuickerKC.com to reserve your spot ahead of time. Click here. #ad
- AdventHealth link: http://bit.ly/3YxXPWq
- Get on the waitlist for my online nutrition course, Make Healthy Easy, available to purchase February 27th – March 2nd only! CLICK HERE!
- Looking for prenatals and fish oil supplements? Check out FullWell products and use my affiliate code WELLNESSFORTHEWIN to save. Click here to shop.
Thank you for listening today! If you enjoyed it, please rate, review and subscribe to my show, and share with a friend! Thank you for your support!
- Follow me on IG at @wellnessforthewin and @wellnessforthewinpod
- Check out my blog for healthy recipes & wellness tips!
Please be sure to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast!