Episode 54: Exercising During and After Pregnancy and Having an Empowered Birth with Expecting and Empowered
In today’s episode, Amy Kiefer of Expecting and Empowered comes on to discuss tips for exercising safely during pregnancy and how to get back into it postpartum. We also dive into tips on labor and delivery and how to have an empowered birth.
What we covered:
- Benefits of exercise during pregnancy
- Risks that are reduced by staying active during pregnancy
- Specific exercises to focus on and avoid during pregnancy
- Considerations for runners during pregnancy
- The type of exercise they wish EVERY pregnant woman would do
- Is it okay to start exercising during pregnancy if you’ve never done it before (or haven’t in a long time)?
- Coping with weight gain and body changes during pregnancy
- How to physically prepare our bodies for labor and delivery
- Going into your birth experience empowered with knowledge of your options
- Some options to consider during labor for pain relief other than meds
- Tools and positions to help during labor
- Different resources to utilize to help mentally prepare for labor
- Tips for mamas planning on an unmedicated birth
- How to advocate for yourself before and during birth
- Beginning to exercise again postpartum – how to start / what to avoid
- How to feel more like yourself again post-baby / body image postpartum
- Postpartum sex
- And so much more
CONNECT WITH EXPECTING AND EMPOWERED:
- Follow them on Instagram: @expectingandempowered
- Learn more about their workout guides and courses – use my affiliate code WELLNESSFORTHEWIN for a discount! Click here
- Follow Amy on Instagram: @ameskiefer
- Check out the Expecting and Empowered Podcast: click here
Sponsors / Affiliates:
- Get a discount on my favorite prenatals and fish oil supplements by FullWell using code WELLNESSFORTHEWIN: shop here
- Check out Charlie Hustle clothing and get 20% off using my code WFTW20 #ad: shop here
- Learn more about The Counseling Co. counseling services if you’re in search of a good therapist during pregnancy, postpartum or need mental health support in any season of life #ad: click here
Other Resources Mentioned:
- Book Amy recommended: The Birth Partner
Thank you for listening & sharing with others!
- Follow me on IG at @wellnessforthewin and @wellnessforthewinpod
- Check out my blog for healthy recipes & wellness tips!
Please be sure to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast!