Episode #56: All About Dairy, Nutrition, Farming & More with Lauren Twigge, RD
This episode with Registered Dietitian Lauren Twigge is PACKED with all of your burning questions about dairy nutrition, the farming industry, the safety & nutritional value of our foods and so much more. Lauren grew up on a dairy farm, has family that is still very involved in farming today, and she has a background studying Animal Science, so she is sharing tons of evidence-based information from both her personal and professional experiences.
What we covered in part 1:
- Organic vs. conventional dairy and meat products – which is better for us?
- The truth about antibiotic usage in animals
- Pesticides in organic vs. conventional – does organic mean “free of pesticides”?
- Allllll about The Dirty Dozen list; is it legit or not?
- Learn more about the environmental impact of farming
- What are farmers doing to be more environmentally friendly and how do we know when we’re choosing products at the store?
- What % of greenhouse gas emissions come from agriculture / farming vs. other sources
- What do cows eat? Learn about what makes up the bulk of their diets
- The benefits of supporting and eating local foods
- Grass-fed vs. grain-fed – different labels you might see on foods and what they really mean
- Should we be buying & eating grass-fed or grain-fed dairy products?
Stay tuned for part 2 next week!
CONNECT WITH LAUREN:
- Follow her on IG at @nutrition.at.its.roots
- Check out her website or work with her – click here
THIS WEEK’S ADS & AFFILIATES:
- Kemps Cows — we absolutely love their Smooth Cottage Cheese! Check the Walmart store locator to find some near you: click here #ad #kemps #proteinpower
- Check out The Counseling Collaborative, a women’s mental health practice, to find a therapist in the Kansas City area: click here #sponsored
- Use my affiliate code WELLNESSFORTHEWIN to save on your subscription to the Expecting and Empowered app (for workouts during pregnancy and postpartum!) – click here
- Follow me on IG at @wellnessforthewin and @wellnessforthewinpod
- Check out my blog for healthy recipes & wellness tips!
Please be sure to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast!