Episode #16: Missy Franklin on Winning 5 Olympic Gold Medals to Becoming a Mom
Meet Missy Franklin: she swam in the Olympics TWICE and brought home FIVE gold medals throughout her career. Not only is Missy incredibly talented in a swimming pool, she is an incredibly genuine human with a huge heart. She has such a refreshing perspective on life, motherhood and partnership and is a breath of fresh air. I’m so inspired by her story and all that she continues to do to serve and inspire others.
What we cover in this episode:
- How Missy initially got into swimming & her journey to the Olympics
- Balancing the Olympics with life as a teenage girl
- Body image and mental health struggles as an Olympic swimmer
- The injury that made her retire from the sport
- Navigating the identify shift from Olympic swimmer, to retired swimmer, to mom
- How she met her husband & becoming parents
- Her struggles with postpartum anxiety and how they prioritize marriage post-baby
- What Missy is most proud of – which might surprise you
CONNECT WITH MISSY:
- Follow Missy on IG: @missyfranklin88
- Organizations she is involved in:
- Learn To Swim – USA Swimming Foundation
Affiliate Links & Other Resources Mentioned:
- Lovevery Affiliate Links: click here to shop (affiliate)
- Vooray Affiliate Link & Code WELLNESSFORTHEWIN: click here to shop
To learn more about postpartum mental health, check out my episode with licensed therapists from The Counseling Collaborative here. (Episode 11)
Check out my blog post on balancing life as a working mom & how to find a therapist if you need additional support and resources.
CONNECT WITH ME:
- Follow me on Instagram at @wellnessforthewin and @wellnessforthewinpod
- Check out my blog for healthy, family-friendly recipes & articles on wellness, travel, motherhood and more
Please be sure to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast! Your support means so much!