Today is a solo episode sharing a little bit about my past struggles with food, exercise and body image. I dive into my 7-year history with calorie counting, what sparked me to try to stop, and why I never looked back.
Trigger warning: eating disorders and disordered eating behaviors
What else I touch on in this episode:
- Some of the disordered behaviors I struggled with in my past
- What changed most about my life once I stopped counting calories
- How YOU can find a more peaceful relationship with food
- The ONE question you should ask yourself every day
- Goals to focus on instead of weight loss
- Spoiler alert: an announcement about fun things coming in the future!
READ THIS BLOG POST where I expand on this topic & the concept of intuitive eating + provide additional resources.
Affiliate Links and other episodes mentioned:
- LoveHandle phone grip: affiliate code WELLNESSFORTHEWIN – click to shop
- Episode 3 with Lisa Hayim on food anxiety and trusting your body
- Episode 7 with Simi Botic on developing a healthy relationship with exercise
More information on the Way mindful eating app (sponsored):
CONNECT WITH ME:
- Follow me on Instagram at @wellnessforthewin and @wellnessforthewinpod
- Check out my blog for healthy, family-friendly recipes & articles on wellness, travel, motherhood and more
Please be sure to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast! Your support means so much!