I sat down with IBCLC Summer Friedmann of Done Naturally to dive into ALL your questions regarding breastfeeding, pumping, weaning and more! This is a 2-part episode because there was so much interest in this topic, so stay tuned for part 2!
What we cover in part 1:
- How to set yourself up for success for breastfeeding during pregnancy
- What is colostrum – should we collect it during pregnancy?
- All things pumping
- DMER – dysmorphic milk ejection reflex – what is it? Who is at risk?
- Engorgement – how to navigate and reduce it when milk comes in
- How to establish and maintain good milk supply throughout BF journey
- How often should a newborn be nursing?
- Tracking diapers & feeds – what to consider
- Cluster feeding – what you need to know
- Pumping with a newborn – how often to do it? When to start?
- Importance of pace feeding
- Pros and cons of the Haakaa
- Things that can lead to oversupply
- And more!
CONNECT WITH SUMMER:
- Postpartum Essentials for Mom and Baby
- Elvie Breast Pump Review and FAQs
- Baby Registry Must-Haves
- Check out my lists on Amazon for postpartum/breastfeeding needs
Today’s Sponsors / Affiliate Links:
- Lovevery toys: shop here using my affiliate link
- FullWell fertility prenatals & fish oil supplements: use my code WELLNESSFORTHEWIN to save: affiliate link here
- Expecting & Empowered app for pregnancy & postpartum workouts – use my affiliate code WELLNESSFORTHEWIN to save on your subscription
Thank you for listening! Please be sure to rate, review & subscribe to the podcast, and share this episode if you enjoyed!
- Follow me on IG at @wellnessforthewin and @wellnessforthewinpod
- Check out my blog for healthy recipes & wellness tips!
Please be sure to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast!