Strawberry Snickerdoodle Smoothie
The flavor combo in this smoothie is absolutely to die for, and it’s packed with delicious, good-for-you ingredients, including hidden veggies! You’ll definitely want to add this Strawberry Snickerdoodle Smoothie into your regular breakfast and/or sweet (but healthy) treat rotation.
strawberry snickerdoodle smoothie ingredients
Here’s what you need to make this smoothie:
- Frozen strawberries
- Frozen banana
- Frozen riced cauliflower (I get mine from ALDI but you can get it anywhere!)
- Pitted dates
- Unsweetened almond milk, or milk of choice
- Creamy almond butter (would also be bomb with Salted Caramel or Cinnamon Bun OffBeat Butters – my affiliate code is wellnessforthewin to save)
- Clean Simple Eats Snickerdoodle Protein (affiliate code wellnessforthewin to save)
- Needed. Unflavored Collagen (code wellnessforthewin to save)
- Plain Greek Yogurt
There are a few modifications you can make to this recipe if you don’t have certain items on hand or just have different preferences!
For example, you can always use fresh fruit, but I personally think frozen fruit always results in a better, creamier texture for smoothies.
In addition, if you don’t have riced cauliflower, but still want to get some extra nutrients from veggies in there, you can add fresh or frozen spinach instead! It’ll just make it green instead, which is never a bad thing. ; ) You can click here for my favorite green smoothie recipe!
You could also definitely use a vanilla protein powder instead if that’s all you have. The recipe does call for some cinnamon as well, so that will provide a little extra cinnamon flavor, but I love how the Clean Simple Eats Snickerdoodle Protein Powder tastes with this ingredient combo. You can use my affiliate code WELLNESSFORTHEWIN to save on all the products on their site, including protein powders, the OffBeat butters, pancake mixes and more.
During pregnancy especially, I tried to incorporate collagen powder into my diet regularly to get some extra glycine – an amino acid we need more of during pregnancy – so I did throw some Needed unflavored collagen into this smoothie as well. However, it is not totally essential, and you can just use your whey protein powder or whatever you prefer if you’d like. I also love Further Food vanilla collagen powder. Both work great in smoothies, overnight oats, baked goods, etc. You can use my affiliate code WELLNESSFORTHEWIN for both of those brands as well!
my favorite blender for smoothies
If you’re looking for a good blender, I have to share the one I use and absolutely LOVE for smoothies.
Here are just a few reasons I love it:
- It’s compact — doesn’t take up a ton of room to store
- It’s easy to clean — all parts are dishwasher safe which makes it SO easy!
- Works like a charm — it seriously blends everything up so well. I’m amazed at the power in this little thing!
- It’s so affordable! Some of the blenders out there today are INSANELY expensive. This thing is only $70 and I prefer it over my super expensive, bulky Ninja blender I got years ago. I recommend this one to everyone because I love it so much.
other smoothie recipes you must try:
Check out these smoothie recipes if you’re on a smoothie kick!
Strawberry Snickerdoodle Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/3 banana
- 1 cup riced cauliflower
- 2 pitted dates soaked, chopped (2-3)
- 1 Tbsp creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 scoop Clean Simple Eats Snickerdoodle Protein or 1 full scoop, if not adding collagen
- 1/2 scoop Needed unflavored collagen
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- Chop 2-3 pitted dates into smaller pieces and soak in warm water for 5-10 minutes prior to making your smoothie. Otherwise it can be hard on your blender.
- Throw all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth or desired texture is reached. Add more or less liquid and/or ice cubes as needed. Add any toppings, like granola if you'd like, and enjoy!
I hope you love this Strawberry Snickerdoodle Smoothie as much as I do! Be sure to tag me on Instagram at @wellnessforthewin if you try it!