Episode #23: Healing From Stress and Trauma and Balancing Your Nervous System with Andrea Arlotti
The nervous system is FASCINATING to me and today we dive into alllll the things that we can do to support our nervous systems + overall health, and dive into stress, trauma and so much more with mind-body practitioner Andrea Arlotti.
What we covered in this episode:
- Review of fight, flight, freeze and fawn responses
- Long-term effects of trauma from childhood
- What it means to be in a hypervigilant state
- The impact of chronic stress on the body & nervous system
- How to cope with stress in healthy ways and be more resilient
- Women who have experienced birth trauma & tips on postpartum mental health
- How to know if you have “recovered” from trauma
- The importance of self-compassion & some practices you can implement to develop it
- Be sure to stay through to the end where we do a mindful meditation together
CONNECT WITH ANDREA:
- Follow her on Instagram:
- Work with Andrea: https://infinitepossibilitieshealing.com/
- Full Well Fertility Prenatal Supplements – code WELLNESSFORTHEWIN for 10% off – shop here! (affiliate link)
- ALOHA bars – allergy-friendly, delicious protein bars! Code WELLNESSFORTHEWIN to save – shop here with my affiliate link
Check out my previous episode #20 with simple self-care tips — 10 things I prioritize every day!
CONNECT WITH ME:
- Follow me on Instagram at @wellnessforthewin and @wellnessforthewinpod
- Check out my blog for healthy, family-friendly recipes & articles on wellness, travel, motherhood and more
Please be sure to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast! Your support means so much!