Kansas City Holiday Gift Guide
I got several requests for a gift guide specifically featuring some “local to Kansas City” items, and I LOVED the idea! I was born and raised here in KC, and I am darn proud of it! I feel like most Kansas City people feel that way. 🙂 It’s an amazing place to live, and we have a lot of fun things to do here, despite what people from other places might think!
I have rounded up a list of ideas from friends and family, myself and my followers to provide you with some KC gift ideas this Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate!)
The older I get, the more I have started to really value experiences over things. Ethan and I very rarely get each other gifts for occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, or Christmas. Instead, we prefer to spend our money on traveling to new places or going to concerts. This year we went to Chicago for my birthday, and Vail, Colorado for his (slash our anniversary). We’ve also seen Kenny Chesney and Ed Sheeran this year, and we are going to see Justin Timberlake in December! I just love making memories together that will last a lifetime! That’s not to say I don’t also enjoy getting tangible gifts I can use on a regular basis. I think there is absolutely room for both. 🙂 I have included a good variety in here to give you some ideas for different people in your life who might prefer one over the other, or a combo of both!
Let’s get right to it, shall we?
Kansas City Experiences:
- Crown Center Ice Skating followed by hot chocolate at Christopher Elbow
- Ice Skating at Park Place in Leawood
- Boulevard Smokestack Tour — food & drinks included
- Manifesto — cool speakeasy with really unique drinks
- Zip lining at Zip KC
- RoKC — indoor rock climbing
- Gift cards to restaurants local to KC — see my post “Hot Spots to Eat in KC” if you need some good ideas throughout the whole Kansas City area!
- A night out at Blade and Timber or Top Golf
- Breakout KC Keys — $30 each and a fun family/friend activity
- Photo shoot with a local photographer — great for families with babies, kids or dogs that wouldn’t spend the money to do this otherwise! (Some of my favorites include Brittyn Elizabeth Photography and Morgan Barrett Photography)
- Tickets to a Chiefs game
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra Concert at Sprint Center
- Other upcoming concerts at Sprint Center — check out their 2019 lineup here
Kansas City Things:
- Charlie Hustle apparel / accessories
- Made in KC — multiple locations throughout the city; tons of home decor, apparel, all things Kansas City
- Nickel & Suede earrings
- @carlyraestudio — watercolor artist in KC — custom paintings & KC apparel
- Old plaza Christmas lights turned into an ornament*
- @kr.original.art — Kansas City custom artist. Does drawings of homes, families, pets, and more
- Anything from Restoration Emporium
- Gift card to Pink Antlers Studio – they have the cutest stuff!
- Fun socks from Sock 101 – we usually snag some of these at the Holiday Mart in Kansas City for the men in the family!
*I have been informed that the “welcome center” on the Country Club Plaza does gorgeous gift wrapping and on every ribbon is an old light bulb from the plaza lights! How freaking cute is that!! 🙂 🙂
I hope this is helpful! Please let me know if I missed anything Kansas-City related that should be on this list! 🙂 Keep an eye out in the next week or two for another gift guide!
Have a great week,