These Easy Turkey Pesto Paninis are (you guessed it) easy to make, bursting with flavor and perfect for weeknight dinners because they come together so quickly! I’m confident that your whole family will love them, picky eaters included!
When my husband first tried these, he may have described them as “really f*c$ing good”. Excuse his French, but I mean…. that’s how you know. ; )
If you want more easy sandwich ideas, check out my Spicy Turkey Avocado Paninis here.
ingredients needed for turkey pesto paninis
One of the best things about this recipe is that it requires minimal ingredients, and nothing crazy! Here is all you need to pull these together quickly:
- 100% whole grain bread
- Deli turkey
- Provolone cheese (or cheese of choice)
- Pre-made pesto sauce
- Black pepper & Italian seasoning
what equipment do i need to make paninis?
We personally use our George Foreman grill whenever we make paninis! It works like a charm and it has removable plates that are dishwasher-safe, which is a game changer. Makes it so easy!
You can of course use a panini press or if you don’t have either of those, you can cook your sandwich in a medium-sized skillet on the stovetop, and flip manually!
Click below for the George Foreman grill that we have. (The price is shows there is not correct!)
what kind of bread do you use for panini sandwiches?
If you have followed me for any length of time, then you know that I do the majority of our grocery shopping at ALDI. Check out any of my grocery haul photos on my IG feed and you will probably see the green Seedtastic bread packaging, because it’s our absolute favorite!
It’s 100% whole grain, hearty and delicious. It is perfect for grilled cheese and paninis like these! I also love to use it just for toast at breakfast with peanut butter or homemade jam.
what to serve with these easy turkey pesto paninis
If you want to just go with good ol’ chips on the side of your sandwich, that totally works. But if you’re wanting some other ideas, here are a few!
- Roasted vegetables — broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, etc.
- Side salad
- Whipped Cauliflower
- Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Easy Turkey Pesto Paninis
- George Foreman grill
- Panini press
- 4 slices 100% whole grain bread
- 6 oz turkey oven-roasted, deli
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp pesto
- Black pepper fresh cracked, to taste
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Preheat your George Foreman grill or panini press to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (or skillet over medium heat if you are cooking on stovetop). Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Assemble each sandwich with the following: -2 slices of whole grain bread-2 slices or roughly 3 oz of deli turkey-1 slice of provolone -1-2 tomato slices-Spread 1.5 Tbsp pesto on one half -Sprinkle with fresh cracked black pepper and Italian seasoning, to taste
- Close your sandwich and place on grill/panini press. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until browned and reaches desired doneness and cheese is melted inside.
- Serve immediately.
I can’t wait to hear what you guys think of these Easy Turkey Pesto Paninis! Be sure to tag me on IG @wellnessforthewin if you give them a try, and share this recipe on Pinterest!