Episode #40: Pelvic Floor Health Before, During & After Pregnancy with Dr. Lizzie Kieffer, PT, DPT
If you are pregnant or postpartum, or even TTC, you will find this episode so helpful! Today we have Dr. Lizzie Kieffer, pelvic floor physical therapist, on the pod to talk alllll things pelvic health and even fertility!
What we covered:
- Pelvic floor considerations for non-pregnant women
- Weak vs. tight pelvic floor – what’s the difference and what are the symptoms
- How to improve symphysis pubis dysfunction and round ligament pain in pregnancy
- Lizzie’s thoughts on belly bands during pregnancy
- How to prepare yourself for labor and delivery – different positions, how to breathe properly, etc.
- When to start pelvic floor work postpartum & how to progress with exercise
- What you can do at home for pelvic floor vs. when it’s necessary to see a PT
- Allllll about postpartum sex – best positions, how to reduce pain, tools you can use and more
- What does an internal exam with a pelvic floor PT look/feel like
- Diastasis recti – what it is, how to fix it, and is it ever too late to fix it?
- Special considerations for C-section mamas
- Other issues: bladder control, hemorrhoids, pelvic heaviness and prolapse
- Surgeries like hysterectomies and recovery after
- How Lizzie sees patients to help support fertility
- AND MORE
CONNECT WITH LIZZIE:
- Book an appointment in Overland Park, KS: doclizzie.com
- Follow her on Instagram: @doclizziedpt
- Join Lizzie’s email list & learn more about her upcoming course: CLICK HERE
AFFILIATE LINKS & SPONSORS:
- Interested in checking out the AdventHealth Shawnee Mission Birth Center? Click here to learn more! #ad
- Save on Expecting and Empowered pregnancy and postpartum workouts by using my affiliate code WELLNESSFORTHEWIN – learn more here
- Save on FullWell prenatals and other supplements with my affiliate code WELLNESSFORTHEWIN – shop here
Thank you for listening, rating & reviewing the show!
- Follow me on IG at @wellnessforthewin and @wellnessforthewinpod
- Check out my blog for healthy recipes & wellness tips!
Please be sure to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast!