ALDI Kitchen Restock (and Healthy Breakfast Burrito Recipe!)
Today I am sharing some healthy staple items that I love to keep stocked in my kitchen at all times from ALDI! I’ll be covering some of my favorite things from the produce section, frozen goods, pantry staples and more! In addition, using some of those items, I’m sharing a super easy and yummy recipe for Healthy Breakfast Burritos that happen to be freezer-friendly, so you can start your busy days off with some balanced nutrition. I hope you enjoy this ALDI Kitchen Restock post and that it helps you start the new year feeling your best without breaking the bank!
Disclosure: this post is sponsored by ALDI USA and I am being compensated monetarily. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
why to choose aldi to restock your kitchen for the new year
I love so many things about ALDI, but the thing I probably love the MOST is how affordable it is. You do not have to blow your budget to eat healthy! ALDI has such a wide variety of high quality, nutritious items at a fraction of the prices you’ll see at other stores.
ALDI has so many staple items available all year round that I always keep stocked in my kitchen, but they also keep things fun by offering various seasonal items throughout the year, and unique products in the ALDI Finds aisle, usually available for a limited time. You can easily get lost browsing all the fun new goodies on each trip to the store!
Short on time? Stuck in the house with a newborn? ALDI has you covered, too! Most ALDI locations also offer curbside pickup and/or delivery, which has truly been a game changer for me over these past few years. I personally love to physically go to the store and grocery shop, but I don’t always have the time, and when that is the case, I do curbside pickup! The process is super simple & efficient — if you want to learn more about it, I wrote a whole blog post on it here!
ALDI KITCHEN RESTOCK: PRODUCE FAVORITES
Some of my favorite items from the produce section at ALDI include:
- Simply Nature Organic Baby Spinach (love to add to my scrambled eggs & green smoothies)
- Little Salad Bar Salad Kits (great for easy lunches – add some chicken or beans for protein, and nuts or avocado for healthy fat!)
- Mini avocados (on ALDI Simply Nature Organic Graintastic Seeded Bread for avocado toast, in salad kits, etc.)
- Bell peppers
- Red and yellow onions
- Bananas (for snacks with almond butter or freeze for smoothies)
- Brussels sprouts
- Sweet potatoes (sweet potato nachos, or roasting for an easy side – Rhett’s fav!)
- Carrots (roasted carrots or this Classic Pot Roast Recipe)
- And more!
ALDI KITCHEN RESTOCK: PANTRY STAPLES
Some of my favorite dry goods from ALDI to keep stocked in my pantry are:
- Simply Nature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Simply Nature 100% Avocado Oil
- Southern Grove Mixed Nuts and Pistachios (great for an easy snack!)
- Simply Nature Creamy Almond Butter (add to overnight oats or smoothies)
- Simply Nature Organic Quinoa (to make Honey Garlic Chicken with Veggies)
- Stonemill Everything Bagel Seasoning (for avocado toast or to add to Creamy Tomato Soup)
- Simply Nature Organic Black Beans
- liveGfree Organic Gluten Free Brown Rice & Quinoa Pasta
- Casa Mamita Restaurant Style Salsa (absolute FAVORITE salsa I’ve ever had. It’s the best!!! Top the breakfast burritos in this post with it or throw in any Mexican dish you make!)
- Southern Grove Pepitas, Chopped Pecans, Chopped Walnuts (throw on top of overnight oats, in baked oatmeal, etc.)
- Simply Nature Organic Whole Wheat Spaghetti
- Simply Nature Organic Marinara Pasta Sauce (no added sugars!)
- Simply Nature Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth (for crockpot white chicken chili)
- Carlini Ghee Clarified Butter (I use this anywhere you’d normally use regular butter — I just love that it is already in somewhat liquid form. Makes it super easy to add to recipes for baking, or add to pasta dishes, etc.!)
- Simply Nature Chia Seeds (add to overnight oats and homemade cranberry chia jam)
- Simply Nature Organic 90 Second Quinoa & Brown Rice pouches (the best for quick weeknight dinners!)
- Stonemill Minced Garlic
ALDI KITCHEN RESTOCK: REFRIGERATOR STAPLES
Some items that I always keep stocked in my fridge:
- Friendly Farms Unsweetened Original Almondmilk (add to coffee, smoothies, overnight oats, etc.)
- Friendly Farms Almondmilk Coffee Creamer (add to hot or iced coffee)
- Never Any! Fresh ABF Chicken Breasts
- Simply Nature Organic 100% Grass Fed Ground Beef
- Simply Nature Grade A Organic Cage Free Brown Eggs (eat these daily with spinach mixed in!)
- Little Journey Baby Food Purees (easy on-the-go snack for Rhett or myself!)
- Friendly Farms Traditional Plain Whole Milk Greek Yogurt (easy snack with ALDI Simply Nature Organic Granola or for Rhett with peanut/almond butter mixed in, throw in smoothies, etc.)
- Happy Farms Shredded Cheese
- Simply Nature Organic Red Pepper Hummus (with carrot sticks or pita chips)
- Earth Grown Extra Firm Organic Tofu (cook in air fryer with an Asian sauce like my Honey Garlic recipe)
ALDI KITCHEN RESTOCK: FREEZER STAPLES
Here are some frozen goods that you can almost always find in my freezer!
- Season’s Choice Frozen Blueberries (throw in overnight oats or baked oatmeal)
- Season’s Choice Tropical Blend (add to my green smoothies)
- Earth Grown Quinoa Crunch Veggie Burger
- Simply Nature Spinach (healthy baked spinach dip or veggie frittata)
- Fusia Asian Inspirations Chicken Fried Rice (love to add some extra scrambled eggs, chopped onions, and shelled edamame)
- Kirkwood Turkey Burgers (super quick dinner to grill & serve on ALDI L’oven Fresh 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Skinnys with avocado, baby spinach, red onion, alongside roasted sweet potatoes or salad kit)
Healthy Breakfast Burrito Recipe
Next up, sharing a quick & easy, healthy breakfast recipe that is also freezer-friendly! Prep these for the work week so you can start your day off with some balanced nutrition to help you feel your best! Did I mention it’s also delicious?
Ingredients needed for these healthy breakfast burritos
Honestly, these would be super easy to modify and/or mix up each time based on your personal preferences or whatever veggies you happen to have in your fridge! But I included the following:
- L’oven Fresh Spinach Wraps
- Simply Nature Grade A Organic Cage Free Brown Eggs
- Simply Nature Organic Baby Spinach
- Bell pepper (whichever color you like best)
- Red or yellow onion
- Simply Nature Organic Black Beans
- Happy Farms Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- Optional toppings: avocado, Casa Mamita Restaurant Style Salsa
how to make healthy breakfast burritos
In a medium bowl, combine eggs and unsweetened original Almondmilk and beat well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Spray a large skillet pan with non-stick cooking spray. Over medium heat, add bell peppers and onions; cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Next, add baby spinach, and cook until wilted down. Next, add black beans and cook for another minute.
Add eggs to the veggie mixture and scramble. Use a spatula to stir occasionally, until eggs are cooked throughout.
Lay out tortillas and evenly distribute the veggie + egg mixture on each. Top each with 1-2 Tbsp of shredded cheese.
Fold tortilla over on both ends and then roll up to seal. Serve immediately with desired toppings, such as salsa, sliced avocado, etc.
substitution options for healthy breakfast burritos
Like I mentioned, there are so many ways you can change up these breakfast burritos to make them your own! A few things to consider:
- ALDI has a TON of tortilla options. You could use one of their L’oven Fresh Protein Wraps, Fit & Active Whole Wheat Tortillas, liveGfree Gluten Free Wraps, etc.! You’ll just want to make sure it’s a large size big enough for a burrito (unless you wanted to make these breakfast “tacos” – also an option!)
- You could also cook some ground meat to add to these breakfast burritos. ALDI Simply Nature Organic 100% Grass Fed Ground Beef would be perfect, or ground turkey and even ground chicken!
- If there are other veggies you like in your omelets, feel free to add or sub them in! Cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, other types of greens, etc.!
- I love sharp cheddar cheese for this recipe, but you can definitely add any type of cheese you like! (Or you can omit if you need them to be dairy-free.)
Healthy Breakfast Burritos (Freezer-Friendly!)
- 4 L'oven Fresh Spinach Wraps or Fit & Active Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 8 Simply Nature Organic Grade A Cage Free Brown Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Friendly Farms Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups Simply Nature Organic Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup bell peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup onions (red or yellow), chopped
- 1/2 cup Simply Nature Organic Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Happy Farms Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese (2 Tbsp per burrito)
- 2 mini avocados sliced
- 1/4 cup Casa Mamita Restaurant Style Salsa (1 Tbsp per burrito)
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs and unsweetened original Almondmilk and beat well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spray a large skillet pan with non-stick cooking spray. Over medium heat, add bell peppers and onions; cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Next, add baby spinach, and cook until wilted down. Next, add black beans and cook for another minute.
- Add eggs to the veggie mixture and scramble. Use a spatula to stir occasionally, until eggs are cooked throughout.
- Lay out tortillas and evenly distribute the veggie + egg mixture on each. Top each with 1-2 Tbsp of shredded cheese.
- Fold tortilla over on both ends and then roll up to seal. Serve immediately with desired toppings, such as salsa, sliced avocado, etc.
Click here to find an ALDI store near you so you can stock up on some of these staples and try this recipe out! Be sure to tag us in your ALDI grocery hauls on Instagram @wellnessforthewin and @aldiusa so we can see what you grab!
Thanks again for stopping by to read about my ALDI Kitchen Restock! I hope you are walking away with some good ideas and feeling inspired!